Can't make payment to Paypal Credit (literally)

Bridgebrain
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not 100% sure that the problem isn't only on my system, but when I attempt to pay my bill on Paypal Credit, the page doesn't leave the initial overview. 

It adds "#"  to the url (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/credit/payments?requester=merchant) , but otherwise refuses to continue to the actual page. This applies to view payments and older transactions. 

I tried this on Chrome and IE, so it's not just a single browser glitch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem!!  I'm late!!!  WT....

@planetmort wrote:

I have been trying to make a payment all morning, and none of the advice here works. I ma told I have to link a bank account, but neither of my two bank accounts work, with useless error messages ("can't link bank account"). I am given no option to use my debit card. Classic view and wallet - neither work, and now my payment is late. 

Thanks PayPal. You had a system that worked, and now does not, and I'm trying to give *YOU* money. At this point I'd happily go old school and mail you a darn check, but I can't figure out how to do that, either.

Login to Me Too

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

Found it,  Go to Paypalcredit.com then click on "Manage" located at the bottom right, this will take you to BillMeLater account.  I just made a payment a few minutes ago....  I hope it works for you...

@planetmort wrote:

I have been trying to make a payment all morning, and none of the advice here works. I ma told I have to link a bank account, but neither of my two bank accounts work, with useless error messages ("can't link bank account"). I am given no option to use my debit card. Classic view and wallet - neither work, and now my payment is late. 

Thanks PayPal. You had a system that worked, and now does not, and I'm trying to give *YOU* money. At this point I'd happily go old school and mail you a darn check, but I can't figure out how to do that, either.

Login to Me Too

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

i dont see any Quick Links as you said.

@clcoronios wrote:

For me (USA), when I log into PayPal, on the right side under Quick Links, there is one for Bill Me Later.  THAT takes me to the page where I can pay my BML/PayPal Credit account.

It is a ripping PITA!  So difficult to figure out!   

Login to Me Too

Fairshake72
Contributor
Contributor

Go to Paypalcredit.com then click on "Manage on the bottom right of the page, this will take your to BillMeLater, then you can logon to your account.

Login to Me Too

successmatters
Contributor
Contributor

That does not work. It takes you to a Bill Me Later page but once you login you are directed back to PayPal. Its so **bleep** stupid. I used to be able to login to BillMeLater and make payments now when I try to make payments using the same bank account it comes back rejected. They must not want their money, that's what I am thinking.

Login to Me Too

patricia123456
Contributor
Contributor

It's been 5 months since your complaint and I am having the same problem. Now they want access to my bank account!

I'm sending a check by snail mail with an official cancelation letter 

Login to Me Too

BEPATE

GO TO MAKING A PAYMENT FOR SOLUTION, NEED TO CONTACT CONSUMER PROTECTION BUREAU, AS WE DID NOT REQUEST THIS SYSTEM TO CHANGE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO USE THEIR ONLINE SYSTEM, DEFINITELY NOT USER FRIENDLY.

Login to Me Too

Oscaralo
Contributor
Contributor

I think I found it. Go to Wallet, then in that page click CLASSIC SITE on the bottom of the page. This will take you to your profile.  Then you will see the bill me later logo and next to it an update button, there you can make a payment. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

temp41-1
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that numerous times, there is absolutely no mention of bill me later or paypal credit in my classic site from the wallet.

Login to Me Too

greenkg

"I think I found it. Go to Wallet, then in that page click CLASSIC SITE on the bottom of the page. This will take you to your profile. Then you will see the bill me later logo and next to it an update button, there you can make a payment. Hope this helps!"

I don't see any bill me later logo on the classic site :(. Weird, because I am looking only a couple days after this worked for you...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.