Where is the link button to "my profile"?

Fernando_int
Contributor
Contributor

My primary concern when consulting paypal help was to ensure that shoppings in US dollars using my US credit card would be billed in US dollars, with no unnecessary conversions between Canadian and American dollars (The other credit card I use is Canadian, and all my shoppings before now were in Canadian dollars).  HOWEVER, many help instructions I'd like to check say: "1. Log in to you Account 2. Click in PROFILE on the top of the page..." I'VE LOGED IN TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND I'VE READ ALL THE LETTERS IN MY SCREEN, SCROLLING IT COMPLETELY FROM TOP TO BOTTON AND FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND VICE-VERSA AND... THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A 'PROFILE" BUTTON FOR ME TO CLICK ON IT!!! How is that possible, that all help files mention a link that I can't find ("my profile")??? I'd appreciate any help to understand that (or my primary concern, which is still unsolved). Thank you!

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If when you login you're seeing the New View, you should see a small person icon at the top right of the screen, next to that icon is another one that has 3 bars.  Click on the small person icon, in the drop-down box, you should see Profile and Settings.

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, no one here can access or view user account details so we really don't know what you're seeing when you login.   If you still can't find the setting, suggest that you follow-up with customer support as they should be able assist.

Login to Me Too

Fernando_int
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you 'snowshoe'! My view is not that "new" one you mentioned and I believe that the "profile" link must be there (very well "hidden" in some part of the screen, LOL).  

Anyway, a friend told me that Paypal normally bill us in the same currency of our credit cards or bank accounts.  I've added a second credit card to my account.  The first one, which I have used in the past few years, is a Canadian card (I've been living in Canada for now).  The new one is an US card, from an US bank account I have.  They didn't ask me about the cards nationality, but I think they must know it, right?  Well, I have used my American card in my paypal account to shopping in a US store and I'm hoping they will bill me in US dollars!  

I can't find a good explanation about that subject in the FAQs.  There is one FAQ about "managing different currencies in my paypal account", but it also mentions the button I can't find ("profile"). If you're reading me till this point and you know how they manage credit cards from different nationalities in the same account, I'd appreciate if you would take a minute to let me know it.  But I can wait to see what they're going to do, no problem.

THANK YOU, ANYWAY!

Login to Me Too

Fernando_int
Contributor
Contributor

Good news, 'snowsnoe' and anyone from community reading me!

I've finally found the 'profile' button, it was there!!! (small, almost hidden, not at all easy to find, in my opinion)

I used it.  However, I was not sure if I should do any change or not and, Thanks God, I've found the link to communicate with Paypal support! I've sent them a message and it was said that they will be back to me in 24 hours, that's great!

Finding this community and writing to you here was part of my efforts, that took me many hours within the last 24 hours, but I'm very glad that those efforts were finally "rewarded" with me finding the path I need to clarify a question with Paypal. (Maybe I've been stupid or, maybe, Paypal website is not as good and easy to navigate as most websites nowadays... It doesn't matter, Paypal is a wonderful way to shop online, anyway!)

Thank you all who read me for you time and patience!!!

Login to Me Too

MakingBacon
New Community Member

Where did you find it? Asking in July 2016.

Login to Me Too

Taubah
Contributor
Contributor

Click the bell icon on the upper right of the first screen that says Hi when logged in.  Click go to message center. Click the triple bar line icon. Click profile. This is how to find the profile page in the year of 2016.  Now I'm trying to find out how to get the insert boxes to show on it. Mine just came up as a white screen.

Login to Me Too

Taubah
Contributor
Contributor

Click bell icon on the first screen that says Hi. Go to message center. Click triple bar line icon and then the word profile will show. This was the set up in the year of 2016. I tried to get it to show insert boxes after it came up as only a white screen.

Login to Me Too

Kairaya
New Community Member

I tried following these instructions, but i still don't see anything that says profile anywhere on the entire website. There is also no "triple bar line icon" anywhere in the message center. Just the paypal logo, summary, activity, send and request, wallet, shop, a settings gear icon, and log out, all on a white screen with the message center inbox on it. I'm supposed to do something in the profile tab to update my bank info, but I can't find any way to do that by following the instructions they sent me in my message center inbox, because the instructions tell me to go to this stupid nonexistant profile tab. Was hoping this thread would help, but idk if they just updated their website again without updating instructions for how to get to anything or what. Gonna try just using the search bar to find it...

well, I never found this stupid "profile" tab, but I didn't even need it to do what they were saying to do?? I don't understand this. They really need to update their instructions and their customer service people to reflect how their website actually works right now.

Login to Me Too

OmerOrun
New Community Member

There is no "triple bar line icon", finding a simple page such as "profile" is a nightmare, this is very poor from paypal.

Login to Me Too

Taubah
Contributor
Contributor

Not Hi. Welcome. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.