People from Quebec with business account, which document do you provide to confirm your identity?

aleccentric
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I would like to lift the receiving limit of my business paypal account. I have to provide a document to proove my identity. Paypal accepts two types of document: proof of insurance with date of birth or CPP contributions statement. As I live in Quebec, I do not have the CPP contributions statement so I'm left with the proof of insurance with date of birth. People from Quebec which document do you provide to paypal? Is it a car or house insurance ok? Or they mean something else?

From what I've read from other thread it's look like to be a pita to do.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ghazouz
Contributor
Contributor

SOLUTION

Hey everyone, I was able to speak to an actual competent rep who opened a case for me to explain the situation. Shortly after I received this email below: (notice that they gave me additional option for verification. Even if there's no drop down to select these options, just upload it and it should work) Also, you might need to open a case first before getting that exception.

Dear XXXXXX YYYYY, We need your help with resolving an issue on your PayPal account.

PayPal must verify the identity of individuals and business entities when certain products or services are provided, or when specified transaction levels are met. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Proof of Identity: ---------------------------------------------------------------- The document we received from you could not be accepted as a proof of identity. Please provide us with a valid document. What is a valid proof of identity?

- A statement of CPP contributions from your Service Canada online account or

- a statement of Participation in the Quebec Pension Plan or

- a statement from your insurer (life, home, or auto) that contains your date of birth.

- a yearly Notice of Assessment (Income Tax Return) - a Financial Statement or Student record from a registered Canadian College or University, that contains your date of birth.

Note: The following information must be visible on the document: - First and last name - Date of birth Once we receive and review your documentation, we will notify you via email regarding the status of your account.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [it doesn't let me post the email but it's the compliance verifications email] Sincerely, Patricia PayPal Compliance Department PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dhdfoo
Contributor
Contributor

It's unlikely that your home insurance contract will have your date of birth on it.

I don't even have a business account and I still have to deal with this **bleep**.

I will never do business with PayPal again if they don't fix this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Ghazouz
Contributor
Contributor

SOLUTION

Hey everyone, I was able to speak to an actual competent rep who opened a case for me to explain the situation. Shortly after I received this email below: (notice that they gave me additional option for verification. Even if there's no drop down to select these options, just upload it and it should work) Also, you might need to open a case first before getting that exception.

Dear XXXXXX YYYYY, We need your help with resolving an issue on your PayPal account.

PayPal must verify the identity of individuals and business entities when certain products or services are provided, or when specified transaction levels are met. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Proof of Identity: ---------------------------------------------------------------- The document we received from you could not be accepted as a proof of identity. Please provide us with a valid document. What is a valid proof of identity?

- A statement of CPP contributions from your Service Canada online account or

- a statement of Participation in the Quebec Pension Plan or

- a statement from your insurer (life, home, or auto) that contains your date of birth.

- a yearly Notice of Assessment (Income Tax Return) - a Financial Statement or Student record from a registered Canadian College or University, that contains your date of birth.

Note: The following information must be visible on the document: - First and last name - Date of birth Once we receive and review your documentation, we will notify you via email regarding the status of your account.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [it doesn't let me post the email but it's the compliance verifications email] Sincerely, Patricia PayPal Compliance Department PayPal

Login to Me Too

aleccentric
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for bringing this thread back. I forgot about it.

I also contacted paypal support and they replied the same thing than you.

I've provided the following document and it worked:

a statement of Participation in the Quebec Pension Plan

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.