Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time.

Hikkarin
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I've been trying to setup a Netflix recurring payment for the past week and I keep getting this message. 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

My account was recently put under limitations until I submitted a Proof of Address, and was told that the limitations were gone, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

I already contacted customer service.They basically told me there is nothing they can do and to contact the seller to choose another way to pay. I tried using a different computer, phone, browser, removing cache and cookies, and nothing has worked. 

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Hikkarin,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to set up a payment to Netflix with your PayPal account. If the limitation is indeed resolved, it sounds like the payment is being blocked for risk reasons. The system may be concerned about unauthorized access and may be flagging a digital goods/services payment as high enough risk to present concern. If you make some other payments for goods in the interim, the system may become less stringent and allow the Netflix payment after more history is accumulated that shows that the account is being used in an authorized manner.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hikkarin
Contributor
Contributor

Just updating this to say that it was never solved. I've called Paypal Support about 5 times and no one has been able to tell me what's wrong. 

I can pay pretty much anything else, except Netflix. It's been about 3 months since this problem appeared. 

Login to Me Too

Squarety
New Community Member

Same, but it's for all sure website.. Like Playstation, EBGAMES. I'm trying to add my paypal account but it said the same error message : Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time. Please , blablabla.

Login to Me Too

Gnash
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to open a second paypal account for American websites to buy stuff from them as where I am currently living there is a region block. For example The Online Playstation Store. I have a USA Playstation account but could not buy any games from it. So I thought if i opened a USA Paypal account and sent money to it from my original paypal account it would work. I sent 17 $ to my new paypal account ( American Account ) from my original ( Paypal account ) I recieved the money fine no problems. It was when i tried to use the new paypal account ( USA account ), there was a problem i got the following error message. There's a problem We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. Now I cannot send any money back to my original paypal account and i cannot purchase anything else from any website with my new account either. I tried every fix possible, people said remove your credit card, delete your browsing history, even change your name. I did all of this and it still is saying the same message. There's a problem We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. I was going to buy some games for christmas but now i know it wont work and that the 17 $ i sent is probably stuck. PLEASE IF YOU WORK FOR PAYPAL HELP ME PLEASE !. I am new to this system havent used paypal that much and just want my money back please help thank you.

Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

soooo much **bleep** I have it linked to my bank account / money comes right out of there STILL GET SORRY when I go to my bank IT SHOWS IT HAS E TRANSFERRED FUNDS 3 DAYS AGO Etransfer IS IMMEIDIATE PAY PAL IS A BIG RIP OFF

Login to Me Too

DragHeroYT
New Community Member
The same is happening to me...
Login to Me Too

Panchwaty
New Community Member

Same thing happens to me.... what do I do 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.