Unable to do direct transfers from my bank account

LadiBIu
New Community Member

It is concerning to me when I see a number of posts over the last couple of days from users who are either missing sent money or missing deposited funds.  I was writing to express my disappointment with the fact that Paypal does not seem to be able to respond to my complaints about being unable to access the direct bank transfers that I have used for over a year now.  Now, looking at this objectively, I am wondering if Paypal is experiencing some of their own financial challenges and are using our money to try to stay alloat?  while not wishing to add further risk to their overburdened balance sheets.  I used to be able to utilize direct bank transfers while accessing games on GSN.  As this is linked directly to my personal bank account, I certainly should be aware if I have the available funds to support these transfers.  As far as i know, Paypal does not know my occupation or my salary.  Regardless, suddenly about six days ago, whenever I tried to do a instant payment, i was receiving a notification from Paypal that I needed to link a new card to do this.  They have my account info, why would they need an additional account?  I contacted customer service and was told that my account had been flagged by security and they were 'trying to look after my money'.  Please tell me how on earth their intervention is looking after my money, except precluding my ability to pay a vendor??  since that time I sent another message to customer service asking for further clarification and some timelines as to when this will be resolved - I have yet to have a response to that inquiry, but I did receive a survey to fill out asking about my satisfaction with the service.  So, as I started at the beginning of this rant - seeing the number of clients with very similar issues and with paypal being the recipient or holder of these missing funds, makes me believe something is going on behind the scenes. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi LadiBIu,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and would be happy to help.

We do have a security model that reviews each and every transaction that processes through our system. While this security model helps us prevent fraud, it can also occasionally prevent a legitimate payment from going through. In situations like this, we strongly recommend that you reach out to us directly so that we can review your account. After reviewing your account, we can then provide you with options.

You can reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance regarding this payment denial.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Dwitte
New Community Member
This did not answer the question, only moves around it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.