Seller says refund was given but no refund received - What to do

jwood956
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a product which turned out to be discontinued.  The seller contacted me and we agreed they would refund as I did not want any of their other products as a replacement.  Order placed on July 2 and refund invoice through email sent to me on July 17.  The money has never been put back into my account.  Seller says it was refunded and to contact Paypal as it is a Paypal issue.  Do I create a case or is there a different way to go about resolving this?  I started to create a case but it looks like when I do that they just send an email to the seller which won't resolve anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jwood956

How did you FUND the original paypal payment that was refunded, was it bank transfer OR a debit or credit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jwood956
Contributor
Contributor

The money was taken from the balance in my PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jwood956

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any paypal buying transaction around the time the refund should have been credited and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie that refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jwood956
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased and had refunds since then. If they refunded it should show in my activity I would think and it doesn't. Every other transaction shows in activity including another refund. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.