Buying without using Paypal balance

schmooot
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to purchase something or send someone money without using my existing paypal balance? 

I am wanting to put an entire purchase on either my credit card or withdraw from my bank account rather than using up all my paypal balance and then charging just a few pennies to my cc. 

Scenario:

Paypal balance is $50.00

I buy something and the total comes to $50.36

rather than empty my account and then charge $.036 to my cc  I want to leave my balance alone and charge the entire amount to my cc.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Schmoot -

Welcome to the boards!

With PayPal, the balance that is in the same currency as your payment will always be used up first if you are sending a card based payment or an Instant Transfer.

An eCheck, if the option is available for the payment, will circumvent the balance, but it will pull the full amount of the payment from your bank.  In other words, it won't touch the balance at all.

There are a few different ways you can go about this, one of which you already mentioned - withdrawing funds.  You could also do a partial withdrawal, or you could convert your funds into another currency (however, you'll have to pay a currency conversion fee). 

I think that's a great suggestion though, and I definitely will pass it along!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.