how long does resolution center take to return a payment from paypal credit

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open on a seller who did not send the item I purchased. I started my case 4/29. The seller provided a tracking number but never shipped the item. The tracking number even shows usps never received package. Seller stated he was going to refund my money but never did. Here it is almost a month and Paypal has not returned the payment. It was thru paypal credit so I haven't lost anything but I hate seeing it on my home page.

This transaction was not thru eBay if that matters.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim?   You had 20 days to do so.  If you did not, then the dispute will close with no refund.  If you escalated, then it takes another 10 day before a final review.

What are the details in your PayPal transaction?  Is there a related refund?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

case open 4/29,today is 5/26,more than 20 days have past.

take a look,is the case closed ?

Login to Me Too

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor

No. Still shows as "under review"

Status shows "being reviewed by paypal" and my home page still shows I owe the money on the transaction.

Login to Me Too

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor

How do you do that? I opened the case and there was never anything telling me I should do anything else. It shows under review by paypal and that's all. It doesn't have a link for me to do anything else. There is a "change issue" button but my issue is still the same. I opened this as a case to not get charged why do I need to do something else? This not only not makes sense but is aggravating.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You had 2 choices when you opened the dispute--not as described or not received.  Which did you select?

Login to Me Too

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor
I selected "not received"
Also, I'm looking it over and it says it's under review by Paypal. How long do they typically take?
Login to Me Too

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor
Also, on the right side of the screen it shows

I didn’t receive something I purchased

It's right under the transaction number and the seller's info.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"Not received" should have been an easy win if there were no online tracking to show delivery.

But... you needed to escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days.  Then it should close in your favor after 10 days.

It seems, however, that you did not escalate the dispute to a claim--or did you?

Login to Me Too

edstuff
Contributor
Contributor
This is actually a case
And I googled how to escalate but that's not an option for me. Also, the seller did provide a tracking number. But he never shipped the item. The tracking number shows the item was never delivered to the post office.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.