Won't Allow Me Cancel

cantcancel
Contributor
Contributor

What is going on with these scammers? I have been on the phone for 22 minutes.  I've had it for 5 years and want to close it. They don't want me to cancel the account. Very very strange. I am going to report this to FTC or maybe better buiness bureau.  Any suggestions?  Keep saying they are reviewing my account and want to discuss options. Online system won't allow me to do it without their assistance. I will never use this service again. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you want to cancel  your Paypal account?

there could be recent activities you have in your account which have not been completed yet,or if you have bought or sold some thing,there could be disputes?

chargebacks and disputes can be filed within 180 days since payment is made.

Login to Me Too

cantcancel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. I havn't used the account for 20 months. They sent me an email seeking approval of changes to their policies. If I did not agree, the email said I simply needed to close my account. I tried. I clicked on the link in the email but it was not functioning. I called customer support. To my surprise, in order to close my 6-year old account and get any residual money back via check, they want me to send them a fax with ID and proof of residence. I only have $75 in the account. They will charge me fees until I close it and they will charge me for a check fee.  This is absurd. Why can't they just send the payment to the address on the account?  Given the significant changes in their offering and the additional fees since spinning off from Ebay, I don't think the business model works. PayPal is the still the most popular P2P online but not for long. Unless they are gobbled up by a competitor, I think PayPal will be in bankruptcy by this time next year.  By the way, why do you volunteer?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.