Long Delays in Downloading History

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the Download History facility everyday for our daily tranaction report. In the past week it has started taking far too long to process.  Previously it took under 5 minutes, now it is taking several hours and sometimes much longer.  Sometimes it times out over 24 hours and cancels the request.  This is becoming very frustrating as we update our accounting records daily.

Does anyone have any experience and or advice?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

Qosto
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like I was lucky. Made three requests for 1 year duration (~600 records) - All CSV, Complected Payments CSV, and Tab Delimited. First log was available after 4h, second - after 7h, third - after 10h.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

3 more emails waiting for me after another 30 hour wait...Smiley Mad

Log unavailable for download

Sorry, we were unable to process your request to download the following log:xxxx through xxxxx.

The failure may have been caused by an unexpected system error or unusually high demand on our servers.

Please try your download again. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal PPX000735:96d6ef8ddc1e3

Login to Me Too

deutscheparts
Contributor
Contributor

Hello from the UK.

We're getting this too and it's been going on for weeks.

Paypal UK tell us there's a known issue and they're 'working on it' but we - like some others on here - do our banking every day and there just appears to be no way to get this information, automated / scheduled downloads are failing and manual ones are timing out after 48 hours.

All our other financial institutions have a 'download' button on their page and it does it instantly, only Paypal keep up waiting.

I'm sure they read these threads, an explanation would be a good start.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed!

I'm in the UK too btw 🙂

They've been working on it since I first called them at the end of Feb..... Useless if you ask me.

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for 2 weeks  to get my 2015 transaction records for tax filing this week.  Four calls and 3 hours on phone with Paypal and nothing.  Three "supervisors" have promised to manually produce my relatively small file and email it to me.   The first one apparently forgot to do it last week.  The second one promised it to me within 24 hours and it has been over 60.  The third one says he will take care of it and call me back later tonight.   I am not holding my breath and will likely have to file for a federal extension since I really do not have the time to got through everything manually on their extremely slow site.

Update:  The supervisor did NOT call me back as promised.  I guess I will have to try to reach corporate.  

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Finally, we're getting some media coverage (UK) on this critical issue for some of us. Maybe Paypal will now give us some answers?

http://tamebay.com/2016/04/paypal-download-history-not-downloading.html

Wouldn't hurt to post your comments over on Tamebay too 🙂

Login to Me Too

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

I have just posted on the tamebay site, I suggest that all of us do the same.  The more noise we make hopefully PayPal will stand up and listen and do something about it.

http://tamebay.com/2016/04/paypal-download-history-not-downloading.html

Login to Me Too

semillas
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted CS once again yesterday.

This is their answer:

PayPal Email

Dear Peter Merle,

Once again we want to apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We understand your frustration but we are in direct contact with the technicians and the issue in the delays when downloading the history translation log still affecting our system.

They hope to have this issue fixed as soon as possible, but for the moment, we can just apologize and be grateful for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

PayPal Empresas

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. Todos los derechos reservados.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Sede social: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to download 13 transactions today but it took about 6 hours.  The file was 26 rows.   I guess I will have to download a little at a time for a very long time or do everything by hand. I did reach a higher level manager by phone and she says issue is simply the high volume of requests and not any changes to site interface.  She said should would make sure I get my transaction history emailed but she could not promise to have it done before U.S federal taxes are due (April 18).

Login to Me Too

GShoppe
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be resolved now? for the past 3 days, it has taken olny around 15 minutes before the log was available for our 25 to 30 transcation each day, vs. 6 plus hours for the past 2 months or so... Do other afree?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.