Is multi-order shipping down today?!? Anyone else having this problem?

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying toprint a label from multi-order shipping & all I'm getting are xml codes or blank pages, etc. I don't even know what "xml" is! It worked fine yesterday, but doesn't work at all today! HELP!!!! (9-29-17)

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your information! 🙂

Login to Me Too

erklep
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this is temp but I was able to print two labels just now directly from my PP summary/multi-order shipping

Login to Me Too

alyxacp
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having problems for the last week at least. Both in Chrome and Safari. It's very frustrating not to be able to run my business.

They seriously told you to use stamps.com? Go pay a service fee for a different program because we can't get it together enough to fix ours? That's bad.

Login to Me Too

Chysurfer
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problems but I was able to get it to work by going through this link.

For some reason the multiship program is still down but you can print labels indiviudally through this method.

www.paypal.com/shipnow

Login to Me Too

tangerine3
Contributor
Contributor

that link did work, took you to a log in page but then directly to a new interface for shipping that I have not seen before.  Maybe that is what it is going to look like after they fix all this?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that new link. The one I put up here that I used several yrs. ago no longer works. I haven't tried this, but will next time I need to use the multi-order shipping. I saw where the one you supplied worked for someone else :)Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear so many MOS' functionality issues have been very problematic. This product is currently undergoing a major update and I will submit feedback about this change to our shipping teams.  I must advise you www.paypal.com/shipnow  is slowly being disabled for all countries that have the option for printing shipping labels with PayPal.  It is unlikely that this link will return in the future.

This link was never intended to be an official PayPal service.  When we originally launched the option to print shipping labels, it was intended for printing shipping labels for PayPal transactions only.  The ship now link was used for the print shipping label button on PayPal transactions but the link would also include the PayPal transaction shipping details to be loaded on the print label page.  Over the years some customers figured out that you could remove those shipping details in the link and load the link directly to purchase a shipping label that was not related to a PayPal transaction.  Basically this link was never an official PayPal product but a URL hack on an existing product.  Some of the technology, accounting and label provider agreements  associated with our shipping label service were never designed to include shipping labels not associated with a PayPal transaction.

No support would be offered if a customer uses the Ship Now site. I must recommend not using that URL as it is not intended to be used by  the public. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Chysurfer
Contributor
Contributor
Well maybe if the multi order shipping was working we wouldn’t have to use that link. Shipping out items is part of our jobs and having this “update” that has lasted awhile, effects those jobs. So for now, I will be using that link until the multi order shipment is back up and running.
Login to Me Too

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

I also used the "ship now" link today. I agree with others that part of having an account with PayPal was the benefit of multi-order shipping, whether it was a PayPal transaction or not! I've been with PayPal for yrs. (have a business acct.) & that was part of the original package. There was nothing in the "rules" that said it had to be a transaction through PayPal. I've always told everyone how easy & safe PayPal makes online transactions for both sellers & buyers. However, it seems they are getting away from some of the original reasons why I joined them in the 1st place.

For all you technical genuises out there, a major update should not be such a problem. The classic site always worked beautifully. But just like a lot of other sites, when they thought they could do it bigger & better, quality started breaking down. Fix the multi-order shipping & we won't have to use the link. Otherwise, a lot of the sites where I have my shops have started offering shipping labels, as well as many other ways to pay for purchases, so you might start losing business!

Login to Me Too

tangerine3
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email from PayPal today:

First, we want to apologize for the recent issue you experienced using the Multi Order Shipping tool. We’re sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you or your customers.

We also want to thank you for reporting your concern and giving us time to make things right. We’ve been working hard to enhance our products, and as a token of our appreciation for your business, we’re giving you access to the redesigned Multi Order Shipping tool. You should see the upgraded tool in your PayPal account beginning October 10.

The new tool comes with a refreshed, modern look and features that make shipping easier for you. Here are a few of the changes we hope you’ll find useful:
  • The tool will be embedded within your account Activity page.
  • You won’t be redirected to a different tab or page.
  • You’ll no longer need to import PayPal transactions manually.
It’s as convenient as ever to track orders and create shipping labels in the new tool, but as always, please let us know if you have any questions.  You can use the Help & Contact link on any PayPal page to reach our customer support teams.

Thanks for using PayPal for your business needs.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.