Please help! Online shopping issue

Stephanie-G
Contributor
Contributor

I think I accidentally posted in the US forums. Please remove if this is a double post!

I hope someone can help me. I made a purchase yesterday (through paypal, and they already charged me the second the order was placed) off of a makeup site. https://www.concreteminerals.com/
Immediately I realized the product does not match the picture that the site provided. I sent an e-mail to cancel the order. Literally, I did this within minutes. After 24/h the CEO e-mails me they typically don't cancel orders. I ask to make an exception because of the product didn't match one of the pictures the site provided and since it hasn't shipped, I don't see the problem in either giving me the refund and stopping the process, don't ship it and fill out a return. Apparently, they can't do a single thing. I have to receive the order and pay for a shipping label myself and wait for some kind of refund. They didn't tell me whether or not I would receive all my money back. She also told me they can pull pack orders only an hour or two after the placement, but since they were 'so busy' they didn't get my e-mail in time. In this current situation, she referred me to customer service to tell me how their orders are prepped... because they must have robots working for them if they cannot ask someone to stop the order. They are being pretty uncooperative in my opinion and even mocked me in one of their replies.

They won't provide a shipping label, they are forcing me into a transaction that I don't want and to wait for it. pay to ship it and wait for a refund that I might not get. They wouldn't answer that in their e-mail. 

What can I do? Do I have rights in this situation? Are they breaking rules or laws? Can Paypal help? Maybe I should call my bank? 

I'm located in Ontario Canada, the purchase was made online on a US site in LA, USA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.