HELP! Steam payment Issue. Any Fix?

ianthonyv
Contributor
Contributor

So all im trying to do is add funds to my steam account. But when I get redirected to the log-in page. I get 1 of 2 responses. Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG(Both are attached as screenshots). I have never had this problem and I know it isn't my paypal account because I have just recently purchased a game off of Humble Bundle that is pending at the moment but when through fine. I also asked my friends and they say their PayPal worked correct as well. I tried completely exiting out of the STEAM Valve client and using an alternative browser (Internet Explorer as shown in 2nd screenshot) and I got that response. 

The only thing I could think of to 100% verify my account with my photo id, ssn, and address. But that would make no sense to me. Any Help? Thank you in advanced so much!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I can't think of any other reason but it being a "soft" security block on a transaction level.  Have you been conducting a rash of gaming purchases in a row?  PayPal system crunches and tracks use patterns/stats/data to determine fraudulent transactions to block on a transaction level or even account level.  It can't be overridden and unfortunately there will be false positives.

I knew someone who was playing a game online and got really into it and made a payment, then not long after that, tried another payment, it was blocked.  Turns out some games only let you make one purchase a day.  This is to stop the cybercriminal from going to town on your account in case there was unauthorized access.

I know people can get really into their games and want to buy units, game items, beef up their players, and over do it. Smiley Happy The fix could be as simple as to just leave the account alone for while so the security cools down and unlock. Try it again in a one or two days instead of repeating a failed operation, to try and bully the security system.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ianthonyv
Contributor
Contributor
That actually makes extremely good sense so I will keep that in mind. Sad part is, this is my very first time using paypal that was just confirmed using my new bank. The ONLY other time Ive used this bank was too buy the game off of humble bundle yesterday and almost a year ago for another game (both those 2 games have been off of a debit card linked to my paypal).
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, I dunno what to tell you, mon amie.  We just don't have that freedom to do with our accts as much as years before.  Security is super tight.  Give it a day or two or buy some cheap widget from eBay or something to bring some variety in.  Hope it lets up soon. Smiley Sad

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ianthonyv
Contributor
Contributor
Alright, guess I will do that haha. Thank you for the insight though!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.