Fund Troubles

Josiah479

Hello Everyone

So im a little new to paypal but im already having a problem. When my mother sent me some money to my paypal (20.00 USD) and the order form for it said that when the twenty dollars was sent, there was a fee of 00.88 cents that came from the 20 dollars only giving me 19.12 dollars. The real problem is this, it says the money is on hold and i cant ue it yet. I tried to see how i can speed the process of getting it so i can use it sooner. I tried mark it as processed (since it is digitally sent and not physically shipped to me) but it wont work beacuse when it asks for the shipping comapny used and the tracking number.

This doesnt make any sense to me and i cant understand why it asks for the shipping company and tracking number when its a digitally sent amount of money. Another confusing part is when i asked if she could send another dollar so i can have the full twenty, it was this second time she sent money it went immediatly to my paypal balance. 

Can someone help me with this? I dont know wether it will arrive or when so even if i cant get it faster if someone could help me at least understand when it will arrive as a useable payment i would appreciate it greatly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The money was sent as goods/services, meaning it was meant to pay for a purchase, so PayPal expects you to ship something.  When tracking shows delivered, you money could be released.

You have some options.   You could mark it as service provided so no tracking would be needed.  I assume, however, you are new with PayPal, so funds woud be withheld for 21 days.

You could refund the money; you will be left with a fee of $0.30.  Then ask the sender to re-send as friends/family.

Now is a good time to review all aspects of PayPal user agreement.  Click on Legal at the bottom of the page for details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.