Fees - Same $$ Amount Sold...very different PayPal fees!

shopforpunky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Over the last couple of days I complete two different Ebay transactions with two different Buyers.

The total amount of the sales was very close, but the PayPal fees were VERY different. What is up with that?

1. $75.00 item + $12.75 shipping = $87.75   $4.16 FEE

2. $79.99 item + $7.20 shipping = $87.19   $2.83 FEE

That is a huge percentage difference, especially in light of how relatively little money it is. Help!!

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Buyer 1 has foreign PayPal account so you were charged the cross-border rate of 4.4%+30 cents.  Log on to PayPal and check the classic view page of the $87.75 order.  It it should say Non-US next to buyer PayPal email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, but I figured that such cases are hold overs from when PayPal was a little more open to where people create and use their accounts.  I noticed that I get users from time to time with shipping address in Florida that are non-US PP accounts since FL is near the Caribbean, you have foreign nationals staying there and able to use their accounts in the US.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Buyer 1 has foreign PayPal account so you were charged the cross-border rate of 4.4%+30 cents.  Log on to PayPal and check the classic view page of the $87.75 order.  It it should say Non-US next to buyer PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

shopforpunky
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! So weird because the person lives in California!!?!
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, but I figured that such cases are hold overs from when PayPal was a little more open to where people create and use their accounts.  I noticed that I get users from time to time with shipping address in Florida that are non-US PP accounts since FL is near the Caribbean, you have foreign nationals staying there and able to use their accounts in the US.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.