Blocking buyer email addresses

sheridanbombay
New Community Member

I'm trying to block an email address/buyer from submitting payment to me via Paypal. This person was blocked on eBay from buying from me. They then obtained a different user name - same email - bought something from me & left me negative feedback when I canceled. I would love to learn how to block an email address from paying me. Please advise if you can - thanks !

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

What you want to do is not possible.

Hypothetically, if you were only selling through your own web site and was using Payments Pro, it's may be  possible to block a customer, assuming you had their email address.   With Payments Pro, you control the checkout experience and the buyer never stays on your site through the entire checkout process. However, you cannot block someone in your current situation.

Login to Me Too

picasso24
Contributor
Contributor

I have a cell phone for sale, the buyer bought and asked me to shop BEFORE paying.  Said I would get money once he received the phone!  HA. Not gonna happen buddy.  So I immediatley canelled this sale.  Unfortunately, his payment, which was not made by him , but made by a NON-US, UN-Verified person, is still pending after 7 days!!   The same guy bought the phone AGAIN after I relisted, used his same last name but switched up the user name a bit, but I still recognized the name.  Same Miami address from the first guy.  THis time , the payment is still pending and from a DIFFERENT person, but they are still NON-US and Un-verified.  What can I do??  I've been charged final value fees TWICE now, for the same person, same phone and both payments are still pending.  I'm not sure how long the payments will remain pending???   Any advice?   I also wanted to block ZERO feedback buyers, to prevent him from changing his username again.  I thought the option to do this used to be on the buyer requirements section?  I do not see that option anymore.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't block domestic payments.  You could stop lising the item for sale as it it an extreme invitation for scams and fraud.   You could list it locally for cash only.  PayPal has too much risk for electronics.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.