Accepting Donations/Payments from people without Paypal accounts - can you use a checking account?

CrCrMe
Contributor
Contributor

Our nonprofit has chosen to use Paypal to process all of our online and card donations.  I've recently set up a donation button that allows for automatic recurring donations, but it doesn't seem like there is a way to make repeat donations without using a credit or debit card unless you have a paypal account.  Is that accurate or do I just have something set up wrong?  We wanted them to be able to make monthly donations direct from their checking account. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That is accurate.  PayPal guest checkout does not handle bank payments, cards only (prepaid cards excluded).  They'd have to sign up for PayPal acct.  Although they can use their debit cards that are tied to a bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That is accurate.  PayPal guest checkout does not handle bank payments, cards only (prepaid cards excluded).  They'd have to sign up for PayPal acct.  Although they can use their debit cards that are tied to a bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CrCrMe
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.