Where do you find routing number and checking number for Paypal?

wendycc744
New Community Member

I am setting up an ETSY shop and I want to use my Paypal for payment and to recieve payment but I need my routing number and checking account number for it.  How do I get it?  Any information would be helpful, thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi Everyone!

As a few of our community members have mentioned, PayPal is not a bank, therefore we regrettably do not have a routing and account number to offer for direct deposit with sites like Etsy. 

When you choose to use PayPal as your accepted payment method with Etsy, all you need to do is enter your confirmed PayPal email address when setting up your shop under "How you'll get paid."

When someone purchases an item from you, the money will go into your PayPal balance and you can use the "Transfer to your bank" option on www.paypal.com to withdraw funds to your bank account. 

I hope this helps to clarify! 🙂 Happy selling!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wendycc744

The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to send you money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you are new to Etsy, I believe the only option you have for payment is to use Etsy's Direct Checkout.  With that option, the buyer can pay with credit cards and PayPal funds, all transparent to the seller.

Last year Etsy allowed sellers to chose PayPal for payment proecess and/or Etsy's Direct Checkout.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is Etsy any good, is it worthwhile listing on there or is it a local / collection option only?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass

It depends on what one sells.  It is extremely competitive for most products.  There are some well-established vendors.

There is no option for local pickup.  Although one could list with payment listedf as other and then take cash; however, a shipping (or pickup) cost needs to be displayed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DPCreations

Thanks for that, i sell mostly postcards and collect items from around the house ie toys no longer needed etc so the latter ones are mostly collect.

Whilst i always list cash on collection it is a pain sometimes having to refund when they don't read the auction and pay by paypal so i was looking for other options for the collect items only.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Twitterpups
Contributor
Contributor
Been trying to get an answer to this as well
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Twitterpups wrote:
Been trying to get an answer to this as well

@Twitterpups

Your PayPal account is not a bank account... it doesn't have a routing number and checking account number.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Gary_K

It would be nice if SOMEONE did answer this questions.  Where do we find our routing number.  I am glad my email identifies me, should I need to find my email, What I need is my routing number.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi Everyone!

As a few of our community members have mentioned, PayPal is not a bank, therefore we regrettably do not have a routing and account number to offer for direct deposit with sites like Etsy. 

When you choose to use PayPal as your accepted payment method with Etsy, all you need to do is enter your confirmed PayPal email address when setting up your shop under "How you'll get paid."

When someone purchases an item from you, the money will go into your PayPal balance and you can use the "Transfer to your bank" option on www.paypal.com to withdraw funds to your bank account. 

I hope this helps to clarify! 🙂 Happy selling!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.