What is paypal doing about false claims and returns?

BMSracing
Contributor
Contributor

I have an automotive business selling cars , parts, and services. We are not currently using paypal for payments due to other aquaintances having major issues with false claims. One had a dispute and the customer sent scrap metal back so the package had the proper weight and the reversal went through. There have been several with this issue in our field and do not wish to get caught up with it due to the high value of our parts and vehicles. Losses like that can be devastating. It has been happening with business and personal accounts across the country. What is paypal doing to prevent this? Also numerous have open claims and had their card issurer do the charge back. what is paypal doing to battle these types of issues?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal makess it clear:  there is no seller protection for vehicles.

As for other items, detailed descriptions and pictures help.  Used items are high risk of disputes.

It would not be possilbe for PayPal or any other service document sales and returns and police buyer/seller actions.

Part of running a business is understanding the risks and build your profit margin to accommodate them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.