Transaction lost - money sent but not received

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have a verified business account in good standing. I sell software, automated with IPN and PDT. I have completed ~1500 automated transactions so far over 3 years.

Today I had a successful sale, then a few hours later another sale - which has issues. I can see the customer landing on my post-purchase thank you page (return URL). There is also a transaction ID in the url.

Hours have past since, but I have yet to receive an IPN callback for this transaction. Also I cannot find this transaction in my paypal summary. My balance hasn't changed since the previous successful transaction. I didn't receive money, I have no records about the transaction. The only proof of the transaction is my website's access log that shows the call to the return page. (but no IPN)

This is 99% probably NOT a scam, it seems to be a legit transaction that has not been credited on my side for some reason.

The customer contacted me and asked why he hasn't received the product yet. I asked him to check the transaction on his side because this transaction does not exist on my side. There is no reply yet.

The PP's "report a problem" feature is also 100% useless, I cannot even ticket such a case.

If someone can help me from PayPal, I can provide a transaction ID and the buyer's email.

Thanks

edit: eBay is not involved. I have NOT received any emails from PP.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

StanFocus
Contributor
Contributor

Same Problem  occuring with me, today. Received notification of Payment from Paypal and corresponding sale on Ebay, but no recorded payment in my Paypal summary.

Called help line and they couldn't locate the payment and said they would send me a TICKET soon.

Something is wrong and Paypal customer service not giving a good answer.

Login to Me Too

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

At least you received some notification. I have NOTHING except the transaction ID logged by my weblog, received from the postpurchase return URL.

And of course a customer who does not understand what's going on.

I'm still hoping that the transaction is on hold for some reason but then why the return page has been called?

Login to Me Too

StanFocus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Received posting to Paypal, thanks to you all for making a Paypal priority and reporting

StanFocus

Login to Me Too

foomanchu85

I just got off the phone with someone who works there at paypal, good news, there is a major glich problem and they are working on it. so until then,all we can do is wait!! there is nothing they can do for us in the mean time. i just had to make sure it wasnt just me,its going on everywhere!! good luck everyone!!

Login to Me Too

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

With 5 hours delay, the transaction finally arrived...

Login to Me Too

stompbox
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here, called paypal and was put on hold for an hour. Get your **bleep** together guys, I am trying to ship out and you are holding up business!

Login to Me Too

ramovan
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem here.  Our website says we received the money but it is not listed in the paypal transactions.  I did call the Paypal business number and was told this is a known issue that is being worked on now.  Transactions will eventually show up but there is a long delay.  I added myself to the existing ticket and was told they are working on this as a very high priority problem.  Just some FYI here guys.

Login to Me Too

caspians
Contributor
Contributor

we just had the same problem. notification of item sold in ebay...shows as paid. But does not appear in PayPal summery and the funds have not come in. The transaction from earlier this afternoon was fine.

Going to try calling but need to wait till I have the hour to wait on hold. LOL..I hope this gets resolved. We usually try to ship our items right away!

Login to Me Too

hustsaying1
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, 3 transactions completed in E-Bay no money received in Paypal  This is scarey never had this happen Pay-Pal says wait until update is completed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.