Transaction lost - money sent but not received

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have a verified business account in good standing. I sell software, automated with IPN and PDT. I have completed ~1500 automated transactions so far over 3 years.

Today I had a successful sale, then a few hours later another sale - which has issues. I can see the customer landing on my post-purchase thank you page (return URL). There is also a transaction ID in the url.

Hours have past since, but I have yet to receive an IPN callback for this transaction. Also I cannot find this transaction in my paypal summary. My balance hasn't changed since the previous successful transaction. I didn't receive money, I have no records about the transaction. The only proof of the transaction is my website's access log that shows the call to the return page. (but no IPN)

This is 99% probably NOT a scam, it seems to be a legit transaction that has not been credited on my side for some reason.

The customer contacted me and asked why he hasn't received the product yet. I asked him to check the transaction on his side because this transaction does not exist on my side. There is no reply yet.

The PP's "report a problem" feature is also 100% useless, I cannot even ticket such a case.

If someone can help me from PayPal, I can provide a transaction ID and the buyer's email.

Thanks

edit: eBay is not involved. I have NOT received any emails from PP.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

herhrly

Would be nice if paypal put something on their website about possible delays.  EBAY shows I received payment but paypal shows nothing.  I'm sure I received an email from paypal with payment then when I went back to look for it again, couldn't find it.

This sucks.

Login to Me Too

foomanchu85

well i was on hold with ebay for 30 mins, they couldnt figure out what is going on,just told me to wait and keep checking. but then paypal had a better answer. so when you recieve payment, they told me not to ship item until they get this problem solved. so i messaged my customers to let them know, so they dont freak out on me. im supper impatient i wish there was a way they could contact us and let us know whats going on, 

Login to Me Too

ZandaMarie
New Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, as well. I had a bit of a panic attack when I sent money to a family member an hour ago. The amount was on the high side, hence the anxiety, and it was taken out of my PayPal balance. Yet, I didn't recieve an email confirmation and neither did the person I sent the money to. Nor is the money or activity showing up in either of our accounts.

Login to Me Too

foomanchu85

yes this is a panic attack issue!!! i freaked out to. i was like, omg someone is hijacking paypal!! but i called someone and calmed down lol.

Login to Me Too

foomanchu85

ok i just want to let you know that i had a payment get recieved,1 out of 2 lol...keep checking guys!!

Login to Me Too

halfface
New Community Member

I transferred money from my personal paypal account to my business paypal account.  Neither account shows any record of the transaction.  I trying calling, and after being on hold for more than an hour, I hung up without ever talking to a rep.  I wonder where my money went...

Login to Me Too

thewalkingfans
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so apparently this will resolve itself with time.  But it's pretty nervewracking - huge amounts just gone with no proof is scary.  Was on hold for 3 hours, and it was fixed before they answered lol.

Login to Me Too

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal-Nofify now lists an "increase in errors" event, let's watch this to find out when it would end.

I have disabled PP until this is resolved. My customers have to use another payment processor in the meantime.

edit: just after I posted this, the event was closed so hopefully this is now resolved.

Login to Me Too

shafiqbd76
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE HELP @ SUPPORT ME /

Login to Me Too

nursekode

ARRRGGHHH!!!

I just signed up through bill.com so that my employer can send my pay to my paypal account ( i invoice him as a vendor on bill.com). I received confirmatino from Bill.com that they have sent money electronically to the banccorp account and tracking number that paypal gave me iwth my business mastercard.yet on paypal it shows nothing, infact itsays I have a negative balance of three dollars now? what the **bleep**. This is a substantial chunk of change, and here i sit unable to withrdraw any money because paypal doens't show it being credited to my paypal account. Can't get a hold of paypal because they do'nt open for another nine hours??? any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.