Question I have before receiving payments

NateIsHere

I have some questions about receiving money on paypal. I'm curious about receiving payments on paypal.

I don't want people to be able to see my personal information. So whenever people send me money they wont see anything personal like my first name, last name, phone number, street address etc. So the receipts they get or when receiving money it doesn't list any personal information.

Also when receiving money, will I be able to take the money that is in my paypal balance and use it to purchase game servers or purchase anything through the paypal balance. Basically so that I wont have to put it in a banking account/bank etc.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NateIsHere

If you are selling then a buyer has the right to your full name which would appear on the transaction details and your email address.

If you are sending an item by post then you would be very silly not to put your address on the parcel in case it got lost and could be returned to you but thats up to you.

Its unlikely you would be able to sell without verifying your paypal account with a bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NateIsHere

So if someone sent like $60 to my account which is personal (not a business account) I would be able to spend that $60 on whatever ?

I'm fine with them being able to see the name and email address but I don't want them to be able to see the mobile phone number and street address I put into my account when creating it. So is this possible or is it like that by default or something ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are selling; it is a business.  Buyers need to know your business details.  It's part of business operations that customers know how to reach the seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NateIsHere

However if you are not a registered business and only selling as an individual they won't get your telephone number or address available to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.