PayPal and sell digital content (music, sound libraries etc..) and seller protection

The_Wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

From this forum and internet (google) I found that PayPal don't protect sellers for selling digital goods (If I am mistaken, please correct me).

But maybe I discover solution. I saw something on forum and I got inspiration.

Question is:

I want sell digital goods like music or samples or content, similar to eBooks. If I add Terms of Agreement before checkout / purchase, for example "You cannot ask for any refunds (because after purchase you will immediately receive a download link for the full product)" get a chance that I will be protected from refunds?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Nope.  PayPal policies are what matter.  You cannot enforce policies which are more restiive than PayPal policies.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I understand if you are a professional seller of digital content,Paypal will protect you if you follow the rules,go find out

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Check out PayPal's Digital Goods payment processing:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/digital-products

In general, PayPal does not provide Seller Protection for digital goods. If you read PayPal User Agreement, only in certain circumstances would you may win a dispute if you have evidence PayPal deems satisfactory for Item Not Received cases.

The only thing you can do and hope for the best is to put "All digital good sales are final.  No refunds." BEFORE they pay, not after. Or refund when requested to avoid chargeback and chargeback fees.  Or have a trial version of your product.

You may still get disputes but the key is to keep them few and far in between.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

or if you can afford it,spend $2.45 for an envelope and DC,so you canupload tracking number if he files item not received. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, but if you sell digital products professionally, there are download logs that can be used as evidence, that's why it's best to use PayPal Digital goods payment gateway. Hopefully that service provides those logs.

Login to Me Too

The_Wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Tanks to try help, but content on the link is non exist. It says "Oops That page doesn’t exist.".

And as far as I know, PayPal don't provide registration for Digital Goods anymore.

Btw. thanks for all, but I am decide to switch to another payment gateway. Paypal is good for buyer nad for those, who know how to pay VAT for digital goods in EU on own.

For those who will be search for alternative with don't worry about EU VAT and sell digital goods, look for reseler. If I may write a tip, my are:

Spoiler
FastSpring or MyCommerce.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Wanderer

This is the UK page for PayPal digital products:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/digital

The link before was for US accounts.  These are the US forums. You didn't let on where you're from, hence...

Here's the UK forums:

/t5/UK-Community/ct-p/UK

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.