PayPal Here receipt has no customer info

slaintemilford
Contributor
Contributor

The PayPal Here invoice in the system (my record of the transaction) has no info on who the customer is...no email, no name, nothing.  How do you reconcile who paid you if this is not captured in the swipe/signature process?  On a test charge, I used my email and signed, yet the transaction record in my paypal account has neither my name or email recorded.

Searched for an answer on this but most questions were about merchant names on invoices and transaction records.

thanks

S

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When a person pays with a credit card there is no e-mal address as the credit card holder is not using a PayPal account.  PayPal simply processes the credit card payment.  When you pay with a credit card in a retails store you don't provide an email address and your mailing address is not disclosed.

You can check the recipt details online and the invoice detiails online.

One thing to remember is that PayPal is not the credit card processor but PayPal is an agglomerator of payments and uses a major credit card processing company.  PayPal is the middle-man merchant account between the credit card processing company and the seller.

If you sign up as a true merchant with the credidt card processing company such as First Data, receipt will have more customer information such as name. 

PayPal doesn't always pass all buyer card information to the seller, including name.  Mostly the online receipt shows name capture and a few times not.

The best soution to collect all information is the provide a written receiipt to the buyer where you write down details you need for your records.

Another option is to print a receipt with a bluetooth printer; it won't have all information, but it's fast and gives the buyer a needed paper copy with your busienss name on it.  YOu could also make notes on your printed copy.

When you send an e-mail receipt it is a separate step and not matched to the buyers credit card bank.

Login to Me Too

slaintemilford
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the detailed reply, but it would seem that the email receipt generated should be "copied" to our PayPal accounts?  I saw a copy of my test input and it showed the signature, and I did do the step to send myself a receipt to an email, so why doesnt the system send an email to the paypal account as well, at least with the captured email address?

Seems a missing step in the process -- since you would want to get a list of emails from your in person sales using the device, even if you don't use a printer.  I am not so interested in the receipt from the customer side, but in the info of some sort being collected about the customer...so we at least have a list of payments by email so to speak to reconcile after an event.

Thanks again for your time on this...

S

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The email is a separate process and not actually a part of the receipt.

When you process a PayPal Here payment you  get to the end where you can email a receipt, print a receipt, or do nothing.  The sale is complete at that point and all recorded in PayPal.  The e-mail receipt is an add-on to send the  receipt,not part of the receipt as you can see that on the transaction details.

Login to Me Too

slaintemilford
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but that is what I am not seeing.  In my tests, the email does not show up on the transaction reports.

S

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I wouldn't expect the email address to show up on a transcations report as the e-mail is not part of the transaction, it's just method to transfer a receipt from a completed transaction, sot it's not part of the transcation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.