WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Sideliner
Contributor
Contributor

@loginname wrote:
It's sad. I undestand bank account as it's belongs to company. But credit card? Also why paypal does not accept MAESTRO card?

Not all financial institutions cooperate with the AVS (address verificaiton system). PayPal has no control over their cooperation in the system.

Login to Me Too

larry57

No a CC can be used with only 1 paypal account

Login to Me Too

caldean
Contributor
Contributor

pls help me why  to this question??????????

Login to Me Too

caldean
Contributor
Contributor

second request  pls  help

Login to Me Too

polly
New Community Member

you have to use a diffrent card I just tred to do the same thing.

Login to Me Too

rheamn50
New Community Member

I have been having the same battle with PayPal as the others of you have been encountering.  I have had a credit card listed with them, in fact, atm, I have 3 different accounts with them as they do post the limit on your charging limits through them.  If the charge card is not one that has been given to you by PayPal it should be of no course to them what you have and how much you spend.  If there is a concern, they have all your information on your PayPal acct registration to be able to contact the credit card company to see if sufficient funds are available.  Other than that, in my honest opinion, they have NO need to know anything else about you or your other accounts.

At one time, when my husband and I were young, we "played the float" between our credit card, checking account and his pay check.  Although we made enough money to pay for the items we were buying at times it did come close and we chose to keep our funds in an interest bearing checking acct..  We had our charge card information listed on here and when ever we purchased through PayPal and designated our charge card as our choice for payment, they invariably took the funds from our checking acct.. I wrote letters, sent emails and called but to no avail, they would promise me that the "mistake" would not happen again however...it did, many many many times.  I finally got smart in my young years and decided that perhaps PayPal was not the reputable company it proclaimed itself to be.

I have a rather large credit limit on 3 different cards that are paid off every month no matter what the balance may be, but PayPal has put a $10,000.00 life of the account spending limit on me!!!  I can have this limit lifted if i verify my account, but I refuse to do it.  I hit that limit in one day and now I can no longer use PayPal???  Why bother then having such a service?  Perhaps it is a necessity for sellers however for a purchaser, it most definitely is not.  I contact all sellers on ebay prior to putting in a bid or using the buy now option to see if they will accept my charge card without going through PayPal and for the most part, they are happy to accommodate me.  Those that do not, find that they have lost a sale and I go on and find the item elsewhere.  Sometimes, but not very often do I have to pay very much more than that that the ebay seller was selling his item for else where.

I am making this post and then cancelling my account.  I do not need everyone at PayPal knowing what I have in the bank or deciding for me where the payment will be made from.

I urge each and everyone of you, if at all feasible for you, to cancel your PayPal account. You will find the item you want sold by another seller on ebay at very near the same cost or look on line and purchase your item from a site that does not require you to divulge information that can very easily be stolen by a PayPal employee or by someone who is able to "hack" account information.

I wish you all the best and happiest of shopping !!

rheamn50

Login to Me Too

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder why Pay Pal gave my info to G E credit? I did not approve that, did not need that card, I had two debit cards on file,always enough to pay for what I ordered. I am 70, somewhat disabled, so eBay with pay pal was great, WAS, so I am canceling all of it.............

Login to Me Too

mialmaiwhwSU

paintingtrucker
Contributor
Contributor

i already changed-updated my account info but to make a 9.99 purchase i have to reenter card and account info? i have used echeck and always paid for my bids so i guese if the sellers wont accept echeck they dont want to do bussiness with  me. ebay should have a search bar where i can delet those sellers from all my searchs!

Login to Me Too

mialmaiwhwSU

Wrong, I can't open a new account because pay pal used my bank account for funds instead my pay pal account.  Now I have to come up with enough money for my purchase and my bank account.  Did not expect that to happen, and yes the funds to cover my purchase in full was in the pay pal account,  I left 5 bucks in the checking so this would not happen.  The account was only for pay pal and money to get deposited into the pay pal account.  ANSWERS???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.