WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

26percentcard
Contributor
Contributor

Who else is tired of being bullied by Ebay?

I just found out I can't buy or sell through my PayPal until I get "registered", by that they decided I must give them my personal bank account number, when a credit card backup was just fine for years, the other option was to sign up for PayPal's 19-26% credit card.

When did a valid credit card through MasterCharge become unacceptable? When they see you have purchased and bought at least $10,000 dollars that's when! They lick their chops when that figure pops up.

When I hit that number, which I have worked very hard to keep over 900 purchases and sales at 100% positive feedback. Guess that's not what they care about, they all of a sudden closed my access to PayPal when I had $83.00 left in my account and owed them nothing-zero!

No way to get the $83.00 out, only through a check mailed out within the next two weeks to me from PayPal.

I have had a PayPal debit card for three years with no problems, suddenly it's no good. I couldn't use it to access my account either.

I for one am totally fed up with Ebay and am leaving for good. Their bullying stops today with me anyway. I can't wait for another competitor to show these guys how to treat us with respect. Craigslist here I come.

Login to Me Too

reallymad
Contributor
Contributor

I have plenty of money, I've had the account for what? more than a decade, my address is confirmed and Still it is asking for a credit card.  I use paypal because I don't WANT to enter credit cards on the internet.

My kid is in the hospital in a foreign country, I can't add funds to skype and you people are f'ing with me STOP IT

Login to Me Too

reallymad
Contributor
Contributor
You are f'ing LIEING! I meet all the criteria for NOT having to put in a credit card and you are barring me from using my balance. My kid is in a hospital half way across the world, I can't renew my skype and you people are F'ing me. FIX IT NOW or I'm making a formal complaint to the fcc
Login to Me Too

emilydiana20
Contributor
Contributor

What are you talking about

Login to Me Too

brassy

It really seems unbelievable to me. A year ago I could get my money out of Paypal by paying $1.50. Now you want my credit card info. Or I can have it deposited into my bank by giving you all of my bank information, including my password to my online account. If I don't want to give out this information, does ebay just get to keep all of my money? I should be able to get MY MONEY without giving out my personal financial information.

Login to Me Too

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone knows, has eBay and paypal been sold?

That could be the reasons for all the changes.

Login to Me Too

reallymad
Contributor
Contributor

"Does anyone know if paypal ebay were sold?"

That would certainly explain things.  Because I used Paypal for over a decade with no problems until now.  And their customer support people...I have to think that they are using prisoners like Time Warner does (don't ever buy anything over the phone from Time Warner...you're talking to a criminal).  That is the only explanation I can come up with for the unbelievably unprofessional (and completely unhelpful) customer support.

Login to Me Too

Tattersall2002
Contributor
Contributor

The only reason is an excuse to hold your funds for 3 or 4 days and then send an eCheck so that it takes the poor seller even longer to get the buyers money to their account. 

PayPal is just stealing interest and using the cash on hand for other uses. They have access to a huge cash flow this way. 

How much more money could you borrow if you stated that you have X dollars in your accounts? Where X was all the money you had coming in that you could hold from 3 or 4 days of business. Pretty good scam if I say so myself!

The really funny part is they tired to blame it on the Federal Reserve!!  

My money is not in limbo somewhere, someone is using it and I can pretty much guarantee it is NOT THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK. Monday I do intent to check with them though and let them know about the accusations that PayPal is making about them.

Login to Me Too

reallymad
Contributor
Contributor

And notice how well they answer our concerns here.  Except for some Paypal employees who don't identify themselves and post 4 letter words slamming anyone who needs help, there was exactly one reply to all of us who have pointed out that the official paypal reply does not apply to our situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.