Payment method Priority?

drcr1983

Hello, I have a credit card on file so that when I purchase through papal on eBay, it automatically gets deducted from my credit Card.

However, from time to time I might sale stuff on eBay and wanted to add a bank account so that when people buy stuff from me and pay me through papal, the money goes back to my checking account.

The question is....having both a checking account (bank account) and a credit card on Paypal's file, when I purchase something from eBay, which method Will papal use as default? Will it take money from my credit card? Or Will it take money from my bank account?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello drcr1983, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy.

When you use your PayPal account to pay with eBay or with any other website, your available balance in your PayPal account will be used first. At checkout you will have the option to choose a back-up funding source to completed the payment, otherwise your bank account will be the default back-up funding source. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.