HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

wally05
New Community Member

I have close to 100 positive feedbacks and have been selling on eBay for years with no issues.  I have an item that a buyer broke and we had to go into resolution on it, then all this started.  I just sold two high dollar items with them paid through paypal and I have a HOLD on that money?

It's not your money to hold, folks.  I'm on a tight budget and I use that money to ship larger items.  I'm sorry, but if this is going to be the going rule moving forward, I'll have to close my account and just go with money orders.  I like to have cash in hand or cleared in this account before shipping because there are a lot of BUYERS scamming out there also (as I'm finding with this bogus resolution center thing I'm fighting).  

And as I'm seeing on here, it's not very popular.  Explain it all you want, paypal, but it's not kosher putting a hold on all funds and deciding when it's okay to release them. 

Login to Me Too

claydough001
New Community Member

I'm with you man.  I've been selling for years and now all of a sudden these guys want to hold my money while people run around with my goods.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if I have not received money yet for something I sold it's technically still mine.  This is just wrong.  Had it been like this from the start I would never had even made a PayPal account.  This is not what I signed up for and it's getting rather ridiculous!  I want my money!  The buyer has my watch!  I want MY money!

Login to Me Too

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor
Call them directly and ask to speak to a manager it worked for and got my money released and as soon as it clears my account I'm closing down my eBay and paypal account and going to amazon
Login to Me Too

claydough001
New Community Member

Grilledeggplant
New Community Member

This is ridiculous... The money paypal holds from my sold auctions also includes my shipping fees.... Paypal needs to change this... I have 100% positive feedback on eBay. If a person needs to dispute a case that should be taken in a personal matter, it shouldn't  effect the other sellers on the site... smh..

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Grilledeggplant wrote:

This is ridiculous... The money paypal holds from my sold auctions also includes my shipping fees.... Paypal needs to change this... I have 100% positive feedback on eBay. If a person needs to dispute a case that should be taken in a personal matter, it shouldn't  effect the other sellers on the site... smh..

If you use Ebay shipping, and the psotage cost is $15.00 or less, then Ebay will deduct that amount from the held funds.

If you use Paypal shipping, you will need to have available funds to cover the postage.  After the postage is purchased paypal will then release the amount of the postage within a few minutes

Login to Me Too

Isellstuff
New Community Member

I agree, I am having the same issue. I am using Ebay for shipping, and Paypal has been paying for the shipping, however, I have a customer that I need to refund $20 to, but I cannot, because only $2 of all of the money in my Paypal account is held for at least another 15 days. What a PAIN!!!

The funds might be released early, if the buyers would just leave feedback; I make sure to leave feedback as soon as possible for all my buyers, yet I have OLD transactions that I have not received feedback for.

Being disabled and on a fixed income doesn't get me any sympathy either, Paypal just keeps telling me that there is nothing that they can do - no help at all, thanks for tring to put me out of business...

Login to Me Too

hoosierfilly
Contributor
Contributor

Bull crap!! I ask for a copy of the new policy & it states $15.00 or 30 per cent may be used of pending funds. Not true. My shipping was not that much, yet paypal did not even have the option to select this & I bought this to Ebay's attention. Was told, sorry not their fault.

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

Please remember eBay and PayPal are owned by the same folks.  If they are holding your money inform them you will contact San Jose, California Police Department and report what they call "withholding funds" as a theft, explaining that after the report is filled out and submitted, the San Jose Police Department is obligated to go out and confront PayPal with your evidence* and PayPal is obligated to give them a very solid explaination as to why they are holding your funds...and it can't be of the PayPal 'customer service' variety of answers.  PayPal should give release your money at that point.

If they don't, follow through with the San Jose Police Department.  Make sure you have all of the *evidence including copies of the eBay packing slip, delivery confirmation, feedback, PayPal transaction details...everything pertaining to showing that you sold, you were paid, product was delivered, customer satisfied, PayPal continues to hold funds.

You must keep this on as simple a level as possible when explaining.  It is a theft.  You sold something to somebody and the middle man has take illegal possession of the funds that were designated for you and you only and your buyer will attest to that fact.  Remember your buyer paid you THROUGH PayPal.  Not - your buyer paid PayPal.

Now if you want to be bold and cut out some steps and don't want wait for the deliver confirmation, feedback, and all that...you can always have your buyer get in on the complaint.  Your buyer is key in the complaint and can overide PayPal because they are where the funds originated from.  What they say goes, in the eyes of the law, despite any jive agreement that one might have clicked on.  The minute the buyer says 'I paid this seller through PayPal, it's their money' the law says 'give them their money or someone goes to jail'.

This is how I got my funds released after 8 days. It only took the forwarning by me and they released it.  I did not actually contact the San Jose Police Department, but would have followed through had they not released MY money.

Login to Me Too

lacylu
Contributor
Contributor

Its like they charged us to receive money for our merchandise. Then they hold our money for 21 days to make sure we do a good job! Well I/we did a good job! FINISHED, Even got + feedback, but eBay/papal is still collecting the inters off  your/my money they are holding! Would be beneficial to all of us to start actions against these 2in1 conglomerates. 

Lacylu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.