HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

temp09092011z
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what you need to do. Refund the Buyers  payment through PayPal, demand all fees be refunded to you and the buyer. Demand the same of eBay, you want your listing fee and final value fee back!.

In telephone conversations; DEMAND to speak to someone in the United States! Most times you are routed to the Philippines, or India or gosh knows where. Those folks are working off a screen menu and don't get it. There is no concept of PayPal or eBay for the most part and are merely underpaid drones trying to do  damage control.

It is a total insult to hold money on a person with 100% positive feedback and over 500 transactions. It cast a pall over my honesty and integrity.

If everyone does this they will reverse this lunacy money making idea.

Login to Me Too

KB
Contributor
Contributor

I am rethinking using Paypal also.  They are obviously in bed with Ebay.  They put my funds on hold for 21 days but they paid themselves.  They should have put the whole payment on hold.  Instead Paypal took their fee first and then put the remaining funds on hold.  I think Paypal should really rethink the way they want to treat their customers.  This business won't last for long this way!!! I refuse to ship my item until I get my funds as Payment.  So the buyer will have to wait until funds are clear just like checks and banking.  You don't get to receive an item until it's paid for first.

Login to Me Too

Kate_loves2cook
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just a 'heads up' for you---Ebay BOUGHT PayPal a while ago.  (Conflict of interest? Double dipping?)  I'm not positive but I think it was around the time they (both) jacked up their fees.  Ebay over 10 pct.  - ouch!  And I sold a camera (new) a while back & PayPal wouldn't release the funds until the purchaser left positive feedback to indicate they had rec'd the item and they were "happy" ....  All about the buyers....of course.  (Good luck, btw!)

Login to Me Too

KadensCandy
New Community Member

and whatz more is that if they refund the purchase price that they placed on hold to the seller, they take their fees from your balance and THEY DON'T EVEN POST THE TRANSACTION!!!! Your available balance just mysteriously drops. Of course, Ebay and PayPal are OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE. CLASS ACTION FOR TAKING FUNDS FOR RETURNED FUNDS AND HIDING THE DEBIT!

Login to Me Too

krestin

Paypal IS....and I repeat IS  an Ebay company!!  Ebay created Paypal to make it easier to pay for items on it's site....AND to make even more money!! 
So it is EBAY that is being greedy here!! 

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

You are so right Krestin,paypal and ebay are the same entity. When this first happened

to me, before Christmas, they were blaming each other. I didn't even know at that time

they were the same business, until someone here said ebay had bought paypal. Just

shows you the level of greed that is going on.

I think you have to look no further than what has transpired at ebay the past years, increasing

fees, encouraging us to use paypal only, recruiting high ticket sellers such as auto and

real estate. I think this is all some plan and I don't totally know why, except they are making

tons of interest on OUR money and seem to be wanting to get rid of the small sellers.

Login to Me Too

creativecanes
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal was the creation of eBay.  Was the payment made by echeck, by chance?  Those are held up.  Instant payments from someone's bank account should not be a problem.  I have never had funds held unless the buyer clicked on "echeck." 

Login to Me Too

saintrex176157
Contributor
Contributor

Isnt e -check linked to their account? why would that make a difference? and in that case I would guess all sellers need to delay shipment until payment received? this is  bad business

Login to Me Too

saintrex176157
Contributor
Contributor

All of you who have pay pal issues, go online and file a complaint with your local BBB, they have to invsetigate , and pay pal must respond to keep their BBB rating...free way to get pay pals attention

Login to Me Too

creativecanes
Contributor
Contributor

Echecks are not the same as immediate withdrawal from a bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.