HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

miracole
Contributor
Contributor

I am considering taking to a lawyer about a class action suit.  This would not be the first time that paypal has been sued.  They lost a class action a few years ago. Are they collecting interest on this held money? I have been a power seller for years and have always had good feedback. I have hit a few setbackss, economy, grumpy feedback, it has been a rough year. As a seller, I have had to stop shipping overseas. Paypal will refund the buyer if they state they did not get the item. I have my custom number and proof of shipping. great service is great but sellers are also important.  I have been selling on ebay for 10 years, and feel like I have been squeezed into a hole.

Login to Me Too

kelltech
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in. Of course all my posts get deleted so for whatever its worth... I'm in. I am also filing with the Better Business Bureau and suggest everyone getting **bleep**ed does the same.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kelltech wrote:

I'm in. Of course all my posts get deleted so for whatever its worth... I'm in. I am also filing with the Better Business Bureau and suggest everyone getting **bleep**ed does the same.

I think your posts just got merged into this topic due to being related to it.

Login to Me Too

myavonmary
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and now I wish I would have done the same but I just shipped ~ the poor buyer prob. didnt realize what what going on any more than I did!

The problem with doing that is the BUYER NOW has the right to give you Neg or Low feedbak scores for being a SLOW SHIPPER!

However for 21 days?  I wonder if PAYPAL will pay us if we WAIT 21 days.  I thought they wanted to SEE FEEDBACK OR TRACKING NUMBER before  releasing FUNDS

BOY ARE THEY **bleep**ED UP!  They better tighten up theirselves and not punish innocent people like us!  WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS!  What a bunch of AS---__-Es!

myavonmary at yahoo  dot com

Login to Me Too

I agree 100% with you, i think if the customers are made to wait until their funds are cleared and they are given the reason why(Payal) then they will all come to Paypal and shout a bit...i think it's a wonderful idea that way we as sellers won't get yelled at PP will as they deserve it,they get their fee's before we do and then get more % after we make or send money to another person..so they are making more than we are and so is Ebay...I have customer now that cannot pay me due to their funds being froze...we need lawyers!

Login to Me Too

MVannoy
Contributor
Contributor

I bet this new policy will put Ebay in a hole, because I am not shipping nothing out until I get my money.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Megan
Contributor
Contributor

Nah, it won't put ebay in a hole even if you dont' ship out until your funds are available...IT WILL ONLY HURT YOU..because the buyer will either open a claim with paypal or leave you a negative feedback saying you didn't send the payment ....it's not their fault. Ebay owns Paypal..SO......trust me they don't hurt...I think what others are saying about paypal trying to make money off interest of the holdings for 21 days is very very true. THink about it....all the sellers that get paid and can't get their money. Paypal holds it and makes interest on it..**bleep** theyll make a lot!!

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry megan, I try sometimes but I just can't stop at a short message.  Too many people just think everything is some brief thing and then it's over.  We don't get born and then die.  Nothing is short in life get used to it.  That is one of the problems here.  They are hoping this will make abig stir then be over just like that.  I am not going to allow that to happen.  I will keep the extra's because maybe you want short and brief, but others will read the whole thing and stay the course with this fight.  I understand your point, that's why I post all at once and then quit for the day.  All I do then is read the post I see.  My goal is to make sure when this war is over, and we win, that none of us forget what happened here, because this is just another battle in a much larger war.  I f you don't want to read the whole post then don't, if you don't agree with waht I say fine.  That's called being American, it is your choice!  So I wont force this issue back at you, I will let you make your own choice and be American!  All I ask, is you do the same for me rather than tell me what to do!  That's what America is all about! 

NOTHING  IS  SHORT,  THERE  ARE  ALWAYS  EXTRAS  (Fine  Print)

Login to Me Too

grizzfan123
Contributor
Contributor

I am just at a loss of what to do here. I have 10-15 items on ebay, and just now became aware of this. I am with Megan tho, im not shipping unil i SEE the funds availible for me to transfer. I hate to do my buyers wrong but, its the way it has to be!

Login to Me Too

Megan
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't tell you what to do...I asked you POLITELY if you could shorten it. When I say extras I was being nice....so after reading your message I realized I shouldn't be so nice...SO....I asked if you could not right nonesense. Yes, you make a lot of points but half of your post was just rewrite over and over so I asked nicely. Yet I see being nice is not an American thing as you would say.

There are millions and millions of issues out there...that doesn't mean one person should write a book about it here. It's called posts....for that reason I just asked you a simple question if you could shorten it....no need to be abrupt about it...I wasn't with  you. Have a great day!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.