HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

ocracokedreamer
Contributor
Contributor
If the person leaves feedback which I would not hold my breath for, then the paypal funds will be released. I have the same problem with the feedback which for some reason buyers do not want to leave it. If they do not and you have put Delivery Confirmation on your shipments, within three days the money will be released. It is a sick game that Paypal is playing but there are ways to get around it if you read the small print. For one, put tracking info on the mailing, two if they are delievered and the funds are not released within three days, call them!
Login to Me Too

Temp20230601K
Contributor
Contributor

now im reall confused with paypal my mother in law opened an ebay/paypal account and sold a few things today she logged in to paypal and her account is restricted they want invoices social security card drivers license copy and credit card statement now she sold a few of her things that she doesnt use or want any more why in the **bleep** do they want these things i told her not to give them anything since they are holding her few hundred dollars hostage 

paypal what the **bleep** do you think you are doing besides destroying yourself 

Login to Me Too

sethjenmaddie
New Community Member

i realy dont understand the whole concept they have behind this beside maybe making themselfs some extra cash.like they realy need it. i will never use either place again.period.

Login to Me Too

sultan4444
Contributor
Contributor

maybe try [removed]

Login to Me Too

BF912
Contributor
Contributor

Is this holding funds for 21 days the reason payments made on my website show as "payment pending" after 20 days? Nothing is showing up in my pay pal account. I know the person who made the payment has been  charged on his credit card. I have been freaking out thinking I've missed a step. A step that transfers money from my website to pay pal??? I am brand new to Pay Pal.  I can't get any answers from anyone on this. Could someone out there help me please?

Val

Login to Me Too

plfriday
Contributor
Contributor

@BF912 wrote:

Is this holding funds for 21 days the reason payments made on my website show as "payment pending" after 20 days? Nothing is showing up in my pay pal account. I know the person who made the payment has been  charged on his credit card. I have been freaking out thinking I've missed a step. A step that transfers money from my website to pay pal??? I am brand new to Pay Pal.  I can't get any answers from anyone on this. Could someone out there help me please?

Val

Hiya Val:

This is part of Ebay and PayPal's new hold policy.  If you have less than 100 items sold and less than 100 positive DSRs or if you have a "spike" in sales or if you start selling something you didn't sell before or if they don't like the look of your name, Ebay will put a hold on your PayPal funds and they will not be released until 1)21 days have passed or 2) your transaction record shows the customer received the item or 3) you have positive feedback from the customer and notify Ebay of this feedback.

It's their new way of ripping us off and making the little man want to go somewhere else.  Ebay owns PayPal so they like to play little games with it.

Funnily enough, my Etsy sales do not provoke a hold on my PayPal funds.  It has to be strictly an Ebay policy. 

This is one reason I'm switching exclusively to Etsy and possibly opening a storefront on Artfire as well.  Artfire is free as long as you list less than a certain amount - after that, it's $12 a month for unlimited listings.  Etsy is $.20 per listing.

You can use RME (Revolution Money Exchange), Google Checkout, PayMate and several other methods of payment.  Paypal is not our only option.

Login to Me Too

BF912
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response plfriday. I have been so worried I'd done something wrong or hadn't finished a step. Today will be 21 days, (not 'business' days). I'm hoping it finally goes thru by tomorrow. This is rip, and I never saw any information about this when we set up the account.  I'm limited as to what I can use, as I'm currently on a "Meet Up' site.  My only other option is Amazon Payments.  Do you know if Amazon does this too?

Login to Me Too

dm3372
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is hold payments for 21 days because it had not clear. You must wait 21 days for payments to clear so you can withdraw them to your bank account. Furthermore, as a seller, your customer gives you the money to ship the products to them, they don't give the money to PayPal. Never ships or deliver anything to your customer until the payment clears which will takes 21 days unless there's a dispute or chargeback claim.

Login to Me Too

BF912
Contributor
Contributor

I am so new to this. Is this 21 business days? I keep thinking i've done something wrong will signing up to this mess pay pal.  I  have no idea how to have a member write a positive review, or give them feed back. They have been charged for the membership dues, but my website still shows the payment as bending.

Login to Me Too

amethystlady2

Thanks, but no thanks...why would I want to affiliate with the NRA????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.