HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

drumbeat2
New Community Member

I agree.  This is total BS!  I can't believe they can get away with witholding funds and delaying payment.  I can understand the delay until a customer receives the item but at this point the customer has had the item for a few days and is using it.  Yet I still haven't been paid for it!  I think PayPal should be investigated by a government regulating agency.  I know what they're doing.  Think of all the payments that they are witholding at the same time.  This is like a short term loan for them where they can take advantage of making money off of it.  I guess I should be happy that they eventually be releasing the witheld funds.  Otherwise, this would be exactly what Bernie Madoff was doing!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Jay_Zhang
New Community Member

Has anyone contacted PayPal about this? I think this is absurd. I can understand if this pertains to those who sell on eBay, but I do not sell on eBay. I sell/trade from within my home to friends and locals in my area and if they do not have cash i let them use a card through PayPal. Is there anyway to override this?

Login to Me Too

weathrgirl3
New Community Member

I agree with you. I was told today that because I only sell every once in a while that they want to make sure I am a good seller. I have held my account with Ebay and Paypal for many years and I have received over 200 feedbacks and I have a 100% positive rating. I can not believe they would treat their loyal customers like they were criminals. I think they are doing this to force us to ship through them. I guess they have to make even more money off of us. Their fees are apparently not enough for them.

Login to Me Too

surfmkidd
New Community Member

I just received a letter from Ebay thanking me for being a member for 11 years. I am not a power seller on Ebay but over the course of 11 years  I have maintained 100% positive feedback. I sell an item recently and Paypal puts a hold on my funds. My item was delivered and positive feedback was posted. I call Paypal to release my  funds and I was told I have to wait 3 more days. The lady on the phone has the nerve to tell me this is for my protection. Stating that the buyer may dispute the charges. This is outrageous! Why would someone leave positive feedback and then dispute the charges? Then the lady tells me I have to have 25 sales over $250 in the last 6 months in order for them to not place holds on my money. I think after 11 years of selling on Ebay with 100% positive feedback I have established myself as a honest reputable seller and I don't appreciate the way Paypal and Ebay treat me as a customer. The worst part is I actually pay them for this crappy  customer service. Thank you Paypal and Ebay for treating me like **bleep** and showing me how you value me as a customer for the last 11 years.

Login to Me Too

tr4driver
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have to chuckle a little every time they tell me it's for my protection.  Like I'm some kind of idiot.  It's for *their* protection!  There is a risk involved in the service they provide.  That's why we pay for the service!

Login to Me Too

Theone45
Contributor
Contributor

I am upset at the fact that the hold on money is way to long. Change that please and don't charge us a fee for returned funds. Keep this up PayPal and you will keep loosing loyal customers.

Login to Me Too

VeryUpsetUser
New Community Member

Dear Paypal Viewers ,

I wa just informed that all incoming payments were going to held for up to 21 days !!!!  What a scam ; (   Like yourselfs , I have been selling on Ebay for years and have 100% positive feedback  .Sooo...........  Who do you suppose is collecting ALL THE INTEREST  ALL THE FUNDS / ACCOUNTS BEING HELD ?? PAYPAL / EBAY . Bad Enough I have to wait 3-5 days for the so called instant transfer . They immediately withdraw  funds but make you wait 3-5 days whan you want your $$

Calling it a PENDING TRANSACTION Now I have to wait up to 21 days !!!  I hear there are many NEW AUCTION SITES that are much better than EBAY / PAYPAL .

Do yourselfs a favor , help out the smaller sites because EBAY and PAYPAL in my opinion have gotten too big and are no longer worth doing business with !

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.