HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Silencio
Contributor
Contributor

@creeds4me I would try calling paypal. You might be able to give them all the info you have about that account that you cant get into and give them your ebay info that items were paid for on and hopefully they would reset the password for you. 

Login to Me Too

unfairtrade
Contributor
Contributor

Just ran into this, and I am again suprised at the techniques used to by ebay/paypal to make more money off its patrons. I have over 160 transactions with 100% feed back, dozens of sales. I sold an item and got a notice about funds being held, but if I bought my postage through ebay, then the process could be shortened. I called... etc. The fact is we need to vote with our actions, I informed the buyer that paypal was not releasing his money, so I issued a refund. I also had several feedbacks catch up on, so in the subject line I wrote google Paypal Unfair, which if googled will bring you back here. We outnumber, and controll the income of PayPal. We are there income, simply refuse to be herded, (a) the are other (m) ways to sell (a). Think (z) about it, ther are other ways (o), one in paticular (n).

Also, use FaceBook, twitter etc to speak your mind: Gain powere through your actions, do not submit. We are their income, we pay them, and they work for us; not the other way around.

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

I like this idea.  You know sometimes sacrifices have to be made to get a point across.  If this method was employed in mass...PayPal would take note.

When this first happened to me I naturally contacted the buyer and said 'can't send your item because PayPal has not cleared it'.  Then I found out PayPal was doing this to almost everyone so I gave in like a little sheep and shipped my item without having the money 'in my hands', so to speak.

This would hurt PayPal if everyone did it.

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are correct I sold on ebay up until about a week ago when they did this to me. I refunded everyone & ended my 54 auctions and then I found ebid.net. WOW!!!! No fee's!!! 1 time fee of 49.99 and I can have up to 5 stores, 5 pictures on each item. No listing fee unless I want extras, No picure fee unless you want more that 5 pics & that 5 cents a pic. Oh boy! On the life time seller+ you are only charged a 2 % final value fee. You can still use paypal. Its not paypals fault ebay bought paypal. Google has nothing to do with it. Ebay thinks they can do anything they want. Even hold your funds for up to 180 days and collect the interest on that money & there is nothing you can do. Wrong! We move to ebid.net *referral link removed by mod*

Checkout my new store *link removed by mod* Ebay started just like ebid. Give them a chance!

Login to Me Too

DoeDoeBird
New Community Member

I am pretty ticked off. Used to be you could sell an item and get paid for it.

I sold an item, went to get my money and because I didn't want to pay Ebay to print out a shipping label to confirm, I can't get my money from Paypal? I didn't want to spend half of what I got for my product paying Ebay or Paypal. I needed the money. Now, I can't get my money for 21 days? Give me a break. The buyer has already posted that she recieved it, why can't I have my money~ or what's left of it since they have to take a cut. I am out of here. No more Ebay or Paypal for me. It's almost political. Keep the poor ~ poor and make the rich~richer.

Login to Me Too

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor

Call them and ask to speek to a manager and tell them the package was delivered and the buyer left feedback and you want your money now. and that they have no legal right to hold it once it was delivered and you were left positve feedback. I did that twice and had my money in my account instantly. Tell them they also have a class action suit against them and that you will not deal with them again. It worked for me. Let me know how you make out.

Login to Me Too

Wigwam
Contributor
Contributor

AMEN Brother !!!! I heartily agree with your feelings ! I too, currently unemployed have only limited avenues of bringing in revenue to pay the bills so among other things I sell on E-Bay, with 100% feedback ! Then PayPal institutes this freakin' scam to withhold OUR funds until you send them a tracking number, yeah, that's right, just try to find out how the he** to send that tracking number to PayPal, I've been here for several hours on this crappy site and can't find a hint of it and this ain't my first rodeo..  I'm SURE it's obscured by design ! The longer PayPal holds onto OUR money the richer they get, think of all that INTEREST they are drawing on the funds they are holding !!!!!

Looking for other avenues of selling my items, to he** with EScam and PayNOTmyPal !

Take care my friend..  Good luck..

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

I hear everyones complaint and it seems to come from Ebay sellers. With Ebays "no loyalty to sellers " as a now X-seller of Ebay (due to seller dashboards buyer opinion) and the freezing of accounts I have a solution for everyone. Ebay started just like this auction site so it time for us sellers to start over. How does No fee's sound? No 8.5% final value fee sound? How does NO shipping fee sound? Well I found the answer. Ebids.net You can still use your paypal or sign-up with Google merchant. Sign up for life with a 1 time fee of 49.99 and a 2% final value fee. You can have up to 5 stores, 5 pictures on your auctions. No listing fee's either unless you choose extra items and it is less than half the cost of Ebay's. This is a very Welcoming home for us discruntle ebay sellers. *referral link removed by mod*

use this link to register. Use this link to check out my new store*link removed by mod*

By leaving Ebay & closing our accounts is our way of taking a stand. Sales may be slow to start that is why we need to promote our new place & let other know there is a place to go that appreciates us. I too left my 2070 feedback  site to start over. You cant make anything with fee's left & right.

Login to Me Too

Zeldasbuttons
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even GET a shipping label, along with the stupid thing about holding money.  I called and talked to someone and she said it was because I was refunding too much money to customers!  I give my customers a refund when they qualify for free shipping.  They didn't have an answer to that.  I complained years ago that there was no way to do free shipping AND keep my usual profile.  If I send an invoice I can do that, but I sell on Etsy and most times people go ahead and pay shipping and ASSUME correctly, that they will receive that shipping money back.

MY QUESTION to all of you who are contemplating leaving Paypal, what/who are the alternatives??  I would LOVE to leave, but don't want to depend on money orders or checks.  Do any of you use a service that allows you to accept credit card payments?  I can't imagine it being any more expensive than Paypal!  

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes selling used to be fun and easy and I made a bunch of money.  Now paypal is implementing their policies, which have been in the TOS since the start, which you presumably read (WAIT NO YOU DIDN'T).  Oh my how can paypal do this to me?  How can they follow their own policies, oh gosh jolly I work soo hard to make this money.

When you work for a living you do have to wait a week usually two to get your paycheck, right?  So wtf is the difference waiting 21 days to get your funds released?  Oh wait your selling items for a reason, probably because your broke, because you made short sighted purchases at one time and now you want to sell but it is becoming sooo because paypal blah and blah and then they went and blah my blah.

You used to ride on Paypal.  Now Paypal rides upon you

May I suggest getting out from underneath the tracks...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.