HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

robbietunes
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia is not telling you the truth.  Even if the item is delivered, and feedback sent, PayPal will hold the funds at their whim.  They will do everything they can NOT to release the funds.  Why?  Because they can.  Until there's a better alternative to their heavy-handed tactics, they will continue to do so.   

PayPal is absolutely not interested in your satisfaction as a seller. 

Login to Me Too

phineasfreak
New Community Member

I rarely sell items on Ebay, so I was unaware of PayPal's draconian policies regarding reimbursement. This is ridiculous, I have been an eBay member since '98 and PayPal for at least 7 years. How dare they hold back my proceeds from a legitimate sale? Buyer paid, I shipped, give me my money!

This is pure corporate greed. Even with low interest rates, PayPal is making a killing on the float while hard-working good customers get the shaft. Consumerist, here I come.

Login to Me Too

teebruin

I would suggest using a different service.  I've used PayPal for years, and then all of a sudden last week they send me an email that they're holding my payments for 21 days, for absolutely no reason.  Now mind you, I have a tutoring business and bill my clients through PayPal AFTER I have tutored the full week.  So, my customers are paying me for services that have already been rendered, not for Ebay items.  I have no idea why PayPal thinks that they have a right to hold my hard earned money for 21 days.  My balance is currently $0, and it will always be $0.  I will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

pisedoffdude
New Community Member

this is the worst site to do any banking i recomend people to change to a diff site

Login to Me Too

pisedoffdude
New Community Member

i have a hold on my money and i have no claims against me i have a 100% feed back on ebay i pay expensive paypal fees and i need to use my money to run my business and now i cant??? wtf is that? im tired of your stupid games

Login to Me Too

Rachar124
Contributor
Contributor

I agree,

I had 35 orders to be shipped out, and Rely on the money people send to me to create and pay for lables. To my surprise I had enough money to cover about 15 items. HOW THE <BLANK> do i explain to people why there items are not being shipped. Because Paypal has again found a way to **bleep** us out of something. I bet there holding it for there uses.

I too have 100 percent feedback almost 400 feedback and been with ebay for prob. 5 years.

WAY TO TREAT YOUR COSTUMERS Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Peterdem1234
Contributor
Contributor

I guess PayPal desires another class action lawsuit.

I just read all the reasons for an account to be put in this status, and I don't fall in any one of those.  I have a 100% feedback and have been a member since 1997.  While I have a ranking of 41, I have never been asked for a refund, always immediately shipped the items sold, immediately sent out invoices, and when I see the item has been delivered, I follow up with the customer to make sure they personally received the item and that it was in the condition they expected.

So, they managed to place my account in this "payment pending" status for reasons outside their stated in their policy requirements.  My guess is is they have to squeeze us smaller sellers in order to cash flow the more active ones.   But, that information will come out in discovery once a suit is brought... And one most certainly will.

Bad move PayPal... Bad move.

Login to Me Too

reefergeorge
Contributor
Contributor

I have 50+ sales 100% feedback and they held my money. The thing that **bleep** me off more is that they charged me my seller fees before I got my money for selling the item..  Bull**bleep** paypal..

Login to Me Too

reefergeorge
Contributor
Contributor

So I sell somthing on ebay, have to spend my money to ship it, pay ebay fees, and you guys hold my money??? So to sell something for $60 costs me $22 up front?  

Horrible idea!!!

Login to Me Too

Rachar124
Contributor
Contributor

and not only that. you might have to wait half a month to get your money. Thats about how long some of mine is going to take.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.