HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

feedUPBS
Contributor
Contributor

Makdknife1 !!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not have said it better.....

Every transaction is separate,and each one starts with a 21 day hold-regardless if you use PayPal shipping- have confirmation delivery-or get positive feedback- YOU ARE GONNA WAIT TWENTY ONE DAYS..

This is such a load of crap.

Has anyone heard anything further on the class action lawsuit??? or about the reports to 20/20??

Login to Me Too

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor
Look up the website letssuepaypal.com and add your name and story to the class action suit
Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Call the cops, huh? Very interesting. I must admit that after over 500 pages that's definitely the first time I heard anyone mention that one. And about the class action lawsuit, I believe you have to check with that site periodically.

Login to Me Too

feedUPBS
Contributor
Contributor

Oct-23-201107:54 PM

In regards to Djten's Post::

Suggestions from another poster, about calling the cops,has been posted on here for a month now. He said it worked for him, and others have followed. It would do me no good as I don't live in CA. Your just not reading  far enough back.LOL 

And apparently someone is removing and editing posts on what where the class action suits websites are.

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal released my funds to me, and this was10 days before the 21st day, with the hour of my emailing them through their website and giving them details of my intent (reporting this as a theft and having the San Jose Police come out to their San Jose office and investigate...) and giving them 8 hours to capitulate. 

The thing is I had all my paper work together, I knew when you report a theft to a P.D. they are obligated to follow up, and I was ready to follow through, but they released that money so fast it was funny!

The email I received from them afterwords stated that they were sorry and that something wrong with their system and it was suppose to automatically release the money when the confirmation and positive feed back happened....typical PayPal bullls**t.

Login to Me Too

unhappyhere
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding funds for up to 21 days.  If you receive a payment within the 21 days of the hold they are still held for the 3 days past the date the tracking # states the package arrived.  So if your scheduled 21 days is over let say November 1st.  And you receive a payment on October 31st.  The money you got is going to be held until the 3 day period after shipment is confirmed.  If payment post after the 1st then it will not be held. 

Hope this helped.  It is a terrible thing they have done and I'm sure they will lose plenty of business over it. 

I was told by a Paypal rep that they are or will be doing this to EVERYBODY... so if it hasn't happened to you yet.  IT PROBABLY WILL SOON>  And you need to keep checking the dates and calling them.  I have had the 3 day period go by and still no money clear.  If you call them they will release it.  If you don't call you will wait and wait and wait.

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

It is not really Paypals fault in 1 aspect of this it is accually ebay doing this. & because ebay bought paypal ebay thinks they are god. My solution to all this head ache is move to Ebids.com I have. You can still use paypal & you dont have to worry about all the fees or having your funds held.

Login to Me Too

patiam0331
Contributor
Contributor

This is really ridiculous, this is our money that we sold our items and Pay Pal is saying "Pending", Where do they have the right to hold your money?  And don't tell me if I don't like it, go somewhere else. This is wrong no matter how you look at it!

Login to Me Too

Mwtgml
Contributor
Contributor
I was just emailed by PayPal that all funds will be held for 21 days. My history is 100%, account verified and I am not a business. I read in one thread that they talked to PayPal and was told ALL eBay sellers are being notified of this hold. This violates the TOS and I will be notifying the BBB and the Consumer Affairs dept. and State of California as I believe this is illegal.
Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

let me know about the bbb i was just talking to my husband about that this morning. It isnt paypal its ebay. ebay purchased paypal. I too am at 2070 feedbacks 100% veteran ebayer of 10yrs. 5 people in 1yr left me a bad opinion on the seller dashboard so that is why my funds were held for 21 days. I my self said no way & refunded everyone & ended all 54 of my auctions. I called them but was barking to a bunch of people who didnt even speak english. I dont have a business im just a house wife making some bread & butter money. I needed heat for my home. No drop shipper here. A hold on my funds would hurt like no other especially for 21 days or more. I could not survive. So I had to quit. I ended up loosing everything. So I am going elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.