HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

I'M SURE HAPPY THAT YOU THOUGHT FAST ENOUGH TO GO TO THE BANK. I WONDER IF THEY THINK SMALL BUSINESSES HAVE A LARGE LINE OF CREDIT TO WORK WITH?  I STILL DON'T GET WHY THEY DO THIS. IT TOOK THEM 2 MONTHS TO GET MY MONEY FROM NON SHIPPED ITEMS FROM THE ASIAN SELLER.  THEY SURE DON'T RESLOVE PROBLEMS IN 21 DAYS.

Login to Me Too

1968hans
Contributor
Contributor

READING AND LEARNING DO NOT LIKE RESEARCH,WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????

Login to Me Too

BoxandSend
New Community Member

Ebay bought paypal, although their policies differ they are now protecting ebay buyers. In turn having paypal hold the funds.

people use to bypass ebay claims & go right to paypal and open disputes. By the terms and agreements on every credit card.

Anyone can open a dispute and win it without going through ebay claims. Since ebay owns paypal,

ebay lets paypal do the dirty work by holding funds. I suggest that in order to save on coists and fees that no one use paypal

to ship items, thus stopping that fee.

Also I have heard that when a buyer leaves positive feedback that you contact the buyer and ask them to contact ebay to have

your funds in paypal released. This may take care of the 21 day hold. Also make sure you have delivery confirmation.

You can do this by shipping through usps.com and ship priority mail through there click and ship. you have to create an account.

This will be more work having to contact buyers and ask them and hope they contact ebay or paypal on your behalf.

Although if you have a delivery confirmation number it will help and thus allowing  you to do it yourself, thus making more work.

here is a brand new site https://www.bigvaluedepot.com/store/register/step1.asp they do not charge for the first 5  listings.

they allow you to use paypal so it is up to each of you to decide whether or not you want to use this site to sell on.

here is another site http://davidbyd4.blujay.com/  they allow free listings and allow check out by google for sellers

https://checkout.google/sell  also moneybookers.com can be used instead of paypal

Login to Me Too

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

I feel that feedback from a buyer should not have anything to do with the funds being released.  As a buyer, I try to leave feed back as soon as I receive the item I purchased.  I had no idea PP was with holding payments.  I left the feedback as a courtesy to a good seller.  It was like a personal thank you from me.  When I did have a bad dealing, PP waited forever to do something about it.  It took 2 months to get my money back.  Plus, the person is still selling the same item on Ebay with a feedback rate of 98%.  I ordered what I did because I wanted the items.  They were actually 2 different listings from the same seller.  I left terrible feedback but it did not effect her score.  That continued to be the same.  How can you believe anything PP tells us.

Login to Me Too

rmc
Contributor
Contributor

@DIANN I agree 100%, I have posted several times before as we looked for other sites and just wanted to share with everyone where we had posted previously. We moved our ebay stores to eBid- dot- net and they are doing well. Sales on some items are not as fast as they were on ebay but they do sell and the price for listings is cost effective and most of all there is no interference in the transaction. As a seller on ebay since 2001 and store owner both brick and mortar and online we decided that we would move on and advance our business without ebay. If everyone will move on we will advance the other auction sites just as we did eBay. We have all of the control in this situation. Make the move everyone and stop complaining about what eBay and Paypal (they are one and the same) are doing, just leave them to their greed and in doing so you will hasten their demise and grow your own business. We are business oriented so if ebay/paypal  ever decides to stop all of this nonsense we would consider selling on their site again. We wish everyone well and please don't let this get you down,  Just Move On!

Login to Me Too

rmc
Contributor
Contributor

also one more thing to add, our average profits on sales are up appx. 8%  on eBid-dot-net  just by eliminating the eBay listing fees, that alone is a reason to Move on!

Login to Me Too

mrs5pennies
Contributor
Contributor

rmc,

I, too, have moved to ebid dot net and have signed up for google check out.  I believe this will be the new and improved way to go.

Login to Me Too

1968hans
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS FOR POSTING WILL CHECK IT OUT.

Login to Me Too

carolc304
Contributor
Contributor

u cant they want to cover their buts but tell u are covered of course u are their way they have no chance of covering anything i  quit sekking ,to be paid with paypal only accept postal money orders,saves me at least 18 days and they lose money.i still pay with paypal just dont accept tem for items sold

Login to Me Too

paul
Contributor
Contributor

Embrace this good service and see what you have the 21 day hold imposed for because it can be removed if you talk to ebay and do so with an open mind because no one else can compare to them and do what they do as well.Please call the people with respect and an open mind to see what caused your problems before you make a misinformed decision and cut your ties with them and it was the dishonest few that caused the problems for the honest majority and realize that none of us are perfect because we are all a work in progress and give pp and eb a chance to mediate with you and they do value us because we are them.Forgive and it will all work out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.