HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

ikill4food2

Morons holding my funds as well ... Perfect selling record and spotless feedback ... Terrible business ethics ... Im joining the lawsuit at letssuepaypal.com!

Login to Me Too

TIMMAAHY
Contributor
Contributor

I just recieved an email from Paypal say that from this point on they have decieded to hold all of my incoming funds for up to 21 days.  What is this crap about?  I have been a customer for several years and have done nothing wrong

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It's not directed specifically at you - it's a general policy that depends on certain categories and certain levels of selling behaviour.

Eventually, all of us will likely be subject to the hold in an attempt to get rid of scammers.

Login to Me Too

tbugenko

You know, I've seen you on these different topics spouting PayPal policy and dishing out your crap on why things are the way they are.  You are a smartass who should have no business "helping" those who need a better answer than "read the fine print". 

Do you work for PayPal?  If so, they sould fire you.  You're a jerk who is no help whatsoever and it ticks me off to read your responses to people.

Login to Me Too

TIMMAAHY
Contributor
Contributor

You say it depends on certain selling things, thats fine,  but thats what everybody from Paypal is telling me!! It's a bunch of crap. If what you say is true then show me some examples of those certain behaviors and categories you speak of???  

Login to Me Too

TIMMAAHY
Contributor
Contributor

I have been on the phone with aypal now for over an hour now and they cannot figure out why this hold has been placed on my account.  I did find out that there was a class action lawsuit in which paypal was ordered to pay 9.1millon for EFTA (Electronic funds transfer act) violations.  I just ended my call after having my call routed to Ebay and having a customer service rep. by the name of Alan tell me that they randomly choose sellers "to put a hold" on incoming funds and my case will be re-reviewed in 35 days.  I asked him at least 5 times why they chose me to place a hold on and he straight up said it is random and could not give me any other information.

I am really **bleep** now and I dont take kindly to people messing around with me because they can. You want a fight, You got one now PayPal!!!

I will be getting ahold of a friend of mine that is an attorney to see if he will look into this. Trust me if there is a dollar to be made he will find it!!

I also will be calling the BBB and the EFTA, I do not think it is right for a company to "randomly" choose customers to pick on.

Login to Me Too

hosshunter
Contributor
Contributor

Find out more on this class action. This is a scam by Paypal to make thousands of doallers a day by unlawfully holding our money and collecting intrest and use of our money for free. If this is lawful why are they hiding the reason they are holding the funds. If they are acting lawful they should be willing to tell each person the exact reason they are having their money held. They won't because they are acting illegally. I have been with Paypal for 7 years and zero complaints of problems feedback of over 250 all 100% good. And I don't sell in high risk areas. But my money is being held for no reason. Then you have Paypal employees and PR people answering here saying to read your agreement that says they can cheat you out of your money. Once more info is available everybody should join the class action suit.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@hosshunter wrote:

Find out more on this class action. This is a scam by Paypal to make thousands of doallers a day by unlawfully holding our money and collecting intrest and use of our money for free. If this is lawful why are they hiding the reason they are holding the funds. If they are acting lawful they should be willing to tell each person the exact reason they are having their money held. They won't because they are acting illegally. I have been with Paypal for 7 years and zero complaints of problems feedback of over 250 all 100% good. And I don't sell in high risk areas. But my money is being held for no reason. Then you have Paypal employees and PR people answering here saying to read your agreement that says they can cheat you out of your money. Once more info is available everybody should join the class action suit.

You agreed to let PayPal hold your money, and you agreed that they don't have to tell you why. You signed the contract when you clicked " I agree" HaHa wow I've never heard people complain so much about something they read and agreed they knew could happen. Oh and what are "doallers"?

Login to Me Too

thinktankamy

Not much to do on the old farm, eh?

Login to Me Too

TIMMAAHY
Contributor
Contributor

You agreed to let PayPal hold your money, and you agreed that they don't have to tell you why. You signed the contract when you clicked " I agree" HaHa wow I've never heard people complain so much about something they read and agreed they knew could happen. Oh and what are "doallers"?

That may be true, but it doesnt make it legal. Oh and Redpower, grow up man dont make fun of someone's misspelled word, it might of been funny in the 4th grade.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.