The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

I want to direct you to the thread title starting with ANSWERS.

Since I posted what I did here, the exact way it is to be is posted by Paypal_Andy, a moderator here. We do not wait 21 days. I am still not happy about what they are doing, but if I can't change it, and we can't, I have to accept it, work with it, and go on. The only other alternative is not to sell on eBay.

What Paypal_Andy has to say in that thread should be of interest to everyone who would like to continue selling. I think maybe Paypal didn't have all their ducks in a row when they instituted this new plan. I am not sure they do yet, for it does not sound like it.

What I care about right now is that Paypal_Andy is stating that within 24 hours after printing the label through Paypal, not eBay, our shipping funds will be released. Yes, they still will wait until 3 days after the proof of delivery to release the actual price of the item paid, but the way to hurry that up is to use Priority Mail. That goes against everything eBay wants us to do with shipping, as in offering it for less, keep our shipping rates down, but if it means our money is released 5 business days (approximate) sooner than if shipped by Parcel Post, then that is the way it has to be for me anyway. Of course, that puts me in the position of getting lower scores for shipping costs.

Login to Me Too

dmscharff
New Community Member

I see I am not the only one who is very disappointed in Paypal!  I asked for a refund on an item I never received and Paypal refused to give me the refund.  The claim that the seller "proved that they shipped the item."  That could be, but I did not receive the item and as far as I know the responsibility of the seller does not end when they ship the item - rather when I receive it.  It took Paypal 6 weeks to decide that they would not refund me!  Anyone using a credit card knows that it would have been much safer to purchase the item with a credit card!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@dmscharff wrote:

I asked for a refund on an item I never received and Paypal refused to give me the refund.  The claim that the seller "proved that they shipped the item."  That could be, but I did not receive the item and as far as I know the responsibility of the seller does not end when they ship the item - rather when I receive it.

What type of claim did you file? 

For an INR (Item Not Received) claim, the seller needs to provide online viewable Proof of Delivery.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Monstamini50
New Community Member

I hope GOOGLE runs paypal out of business.  I'm sick of Ebay and sick of Paypl.  One more transaction to go and I'm done with BOTH forever after 10 years.  WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Login to Me Too

Father-Luke
Contributor
Contributor

I can tell you this:

I recently had my PayPal number stolen. I live in Portland, Oregon in the United States and someone in the U.K. began using my card. Three days into this I still have not gotten a straight answer from PayPal!

Ask me if I'll ever use PayPal EVER again!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Section 12  (Resolution Procedures for Unauthorized Transactions and Other Errors)  of PayPal's User Agreement explains what you need to do when you find an unauthorized transaction in your PayPal account activity.

Here's part of the text from that section of PayPal's User Agreement...

"When an Unauthorized Transaction or Other Error occurs in your Account, including Unauthorized Transactions that occur because your PayPal Debit Card or PayPal Mobile-activated phone has been lost or stolen, PayPal will cover you for the full amount of every eligible Unauthorized Transaction or Other Error as long as you follow the procedures discussed below in Section 12.2."

Click on the following link and complete the notification requirements as explained in the policy...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&fli=true&loc...

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Father-Luke
Contributor
Contributor

Sandy:

If you really think that following the "rules" will help people who have experienced upset with PayPal then you are living in a dream world.

From my own experience I have spent four days, nearly four hours each day, with PayPal phone reps only to be hung up on, and wih no results.

Furthermore, I have followed the procedures for disputing claims (my card number was stolen and used out of the country), only to be told I hadn't done anything.

Really, Sandy. No offense? And you havn't a CLUE as to the frustrations in dealing with PayPal.

Not.

A.

Clue.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Being rude to those who try to help you will get a person far

If not for following procedures what else would you do.  complain in the forums that no one helps you when you cant help yourself .

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Father-Luke wrote:

Sandy:

If you really think that following the "rules" will help people who have experienced upset with PayPal then you are living in a dream world.

From my own experience I have spent four days, nearly four hours each day, with PayPal phone reps only to be hung up on, and wih no results.

Furthermore, I have followed the procedures for disputing claims (my card number was stolen and used out of the country), only to be told I hadn't done anything.

Really, Sandy. No offense? And you havn't a CLUE as to the frustrations in dealing with PayPal.

Not.

A.

Clue.

Why is PayPal suppose to do everything for you? Go to your police station,  fill out an affidavit of fraud, police report, whatever. Take some initiative.

Login to Me Too

bluebuck70
New Community Member

Bad service... ended up paying for an item twice because of a stupid message saying there was something wrong with my payment. Now it will not let me cancel the payment. **bleep**!!! I will never use this again...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.