Community Chat 12/21/2011 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, December 21st, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy: This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Decorum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CST, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Today's icebreaker:

You can't escape them this time of year - they're in the stores, the elevators, outside shopping malls, on commercials, and all over the radio.  It seems like every band has one at some point in their career.  Share with us your favorite holiday song - even if you're tired of hearing them already!  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Happy Holidays Everyone.

One of my favorite all time songs is All I Want All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. The funny thing about this song is my son lost both his front teeth this last month and I have been singing it to him all season. Maybe Santa will bring them after all.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

k1sz
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to edit my credit card informations. I moved a new place the last month. My bank already changed my address, but I can't update on paypal. Why?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi k1sz, and welcome to the forums and to our Community Chat!

I saw that you just posted in another category, and I figured we'd move your post over and get you a quick answer while we're all here in chat. Pull up a chair, have some egg nog, and take a moment to answer this week's icebreaker question while i type up a response for you. 🙂

Today's icebreaker:

You can't escape them this time of year - they're in the stores, the elevators, outside shopping malls, on commercials, and all over the radio.  It seems like every band has one at some point in their career.  Share with us your favorite holiday song - even if you're tired of hearing them already!  :smileyhappy:

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

k1sz,

I just encountered the exact same issue, and I know how frustrating it is. Here's what you're seeing:

You've already contacted the bank to get your address updated in their records.

You're following up by updating the information to match in your PayPal account, but it isn't working.

When you update your credit card address in the PayPal system, PayPal sends a request to verify that information. Typically this is done against authentication databases that are updated regularly by the financial institutions that use them. These databases are used to handle the massive amount of requests that financial institutions make of one another on any given day.

The thing is, while they're updated regularly, they're not updated immediately. Sometimes it may take a month or more for these databases to have updated information.

If you keep using your card, it should not present a problem. I'd suggest giving the address update a shot in a week or two, when it may very well go through without issue.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Happy holidays, whichever holiday it is you celebrate!

I'm kinda stumped on this week's question! Oooh, I know! New York City by They Might Be Giants

Yeah, definitely. That's the one!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm a big fan of the Charlie Brown Christmas album by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.  I love the "Skating" song on that album.  This album is played a lot during this season but I don't get sick of it. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

There are two songs that are favorites in my household - "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and the version of "Auld Lang Syne" sung by The Dropkick Murphys.  Yes, that's our version of holiday music around my house Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Frank - classic stuff.  We watched a lot of Charlie Brown growing up, but I'll admit I don't watch much of it now.  Honestly, I don't think my children know too much about him and good old Snoopy.  Smiley Sad

Misty - that's so cute! You should get him one of those sets of fake Halloween teeth to play with.

Olivia - I haven't heard that one; I'll have to look it up.  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.