The big lie

tooled
Contributor
Contributor

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too
175 REPLIES 175

hopefriend
Contributor
Contributor

They must use freaking pony express to make bank transfers... 2 new over draft fees today - thanks PayPal

Login to Me Too

mparramore
Contributor
Contributor

All true. If you sell something and it gets lost in the mail or not delivered, (no fault of the seller) and the buyer files a claim, the funds for the amount the buyer paid for the item and the amount he or she paid for shipping will be automatically deducted from your account and if the funds are not in your account if will be deducted from any bank account you have linked to your papal account. Quite unfortuante, being as how the seller is the one who pays the fees to paypal for accepting money thru them.  I am actually quite surprised that there has not been a class action lawsuit filed about this already. Perhaps it is in the works.. the only way I see to protect yourself against this is either to not offer Paypal on your auctions (or anything you sell)  or if your buyer does not pay for insurance, the seller buys insurance in case paypal pulls your funds..

Login to Me Too

LarryCz
New Community Member

Yes, and it's getting so that the Western Union scammers are now using Paypal because they are crooks, too, and will help them steal your $$$.  The biggest mistake you could make would be to link your bank account to Paypal.  Might as well mail your life savings to Nigeria, General Delivery.   Of course Paypal has zero insurance for your $$.

Login to Me Too

arocketsa
Contributor
Contributor
The big lie continues for me they said there stealing and holding my message ends today! Well it's today!
Login to Me Too

spudler_t
Contributor
Contributor

This is so Rediculous I have been using Ebay for at least 4 Years and Paypal Since at least March of 2009. I have sold Somewhere between 30-75 Items and i have never had anything Negative Said actually everything is 100% Positive with many Praises for Fast Shipping, etc.

I recently recieved an Email from Ebay stating that My account went from above Average to just Average Not that I did anything bad just because I do not have 100+ Selling Transactions a year ( Sounds more like I am not paying enough in fees so I am being Punished because of that) Now I sell something on 12-24 and I get a message stating the Funds from my Sale will be held for at least 16 days and Give reasons why which none pertain to me not to mention I have sold quite afew Items always getting Positive Feedback and Praises in Comments and have never even had my Funds held except maybe my very First sale I think it was held because of 0 sales previously which I understand that reason.

I am starting to think there is a reason besides what is posted as to why my $$ is now on Hold( The Interest Gained by thousands of accounts having $$ Held for 21 Days can calculate out to a huge amount Gained by Paypal). I did use Ebay to sell my Misc Guitar Items and other small Items to make a little extra $$ and because Shipping was Simple and selling was almost automated but now since my Funds are not availabe for 3+ Weeks after a Sale is completed has me thinking of Selling on Craigslist/Local Paper/ Nickle Ads is looking like a much better option at least i wil receive my funds without having some rediculous hold applied after years of no holds and no negative anything.

Login to Me Too

lyndaann
Contributor
Contributor

I sure am glad I am not the only one that has been scammed by paypal.  I am out of my money and cannot get an answer that tells me what happened to it.  Never again...I will join the class action with you.

@tooled wrote:

"We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care."

Really, then how about accepting emails, or a phone call - even if its to "peggy".  

How about a way to contact your executives that make all this really neat decisions that **bleep** your customers?

Quit hiding behind the computer./

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.