Community Chat - 12/7/11 Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, December 7th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy:  This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

For me, I would move somewhere in the British Isles - probably Dublin.  I have family over on that side of the pond, and it would be nice to see them more often.  The weather over there is also a much better match ot my own internal temperature (I'm a human heater), and I like overcast, slightly windy days.  Not that the isles don't get their fair share of sun, but I could probably live in Alaska and still be hot every single day!  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Eric515
New Community Member

Hey Guys, we just recently set up a paypal account.  We needed the "enhanced reoccurring payment' product since our customers need to sign up for a monthly subscription.

In setting that up and looking at the fees, it covered the % fee as well as a fixed monthly fee.  The monthly fee of $19.99 had a promotion whereby it does not start until March 2012.  How does that occur?  Does the money just get taken out of our account? Are we billed?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Eric515,

Welcome! 😄

The monthly fee would automatically start billing after the promotional period.  If you have funds in the PayPal account at the time of billing, we would use those funds. If not, it would use an alternate funding source like a bank or card.  You can set which back-up funding source you would like to use for that billing agreement.

The billing agreement would appear under the Profile settings. The "My Money" section then "My preapproved payments".  From there you can find the agreement, click on it and set the back-up options. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Eric515,

Does it say the promotion will last till March 2012? I was attempting to locate the details of a promotion but I could only find reference to a promotion last year when enhanced recurring payments was first launched and we had a promotion till March 2011.  I know our site needs to be updated.

I forgot to mention in the previous post, that you can cancel the billing agreement from that same section as well.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I would move to the Lost Island to finally get some of the answers I was hoping for. Smiley Tongue

Realistically I wouldn't know what to choose.  So many interesting places in the world. 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session! 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, December 14th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.