Community Chat 1/18/2012 - CLOSED

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, January 18th, from 4 to 5 PM CST (2-3 PM PST). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.  :smileyhappy: This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic."  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JoeH -

I actually have two answers for you, based upon how you created the button and how long ago that was.

If you created the button while logged into your account and within the last few years, you should be able to locate the button coding in your Profile.  Go to Profile > My selling tools > Update beside PayPal buttons.  Locate the button you're looking for and you'll have the option to edit the button or grab the code again.  Most merchants will have hosted buttons nowadays.

If this is a really old button, you created the button on our website without logging in, or it was created on an outside site that compiles PayPal button coding, the coding won't be stored in your Profile.  If that happens to be the case, I would use the traditional method to grab the code: go to the website that currently has the button up, right click, and select "View Page Source."  This should open in a notepad file where you can then manually locate the code.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JoeH

That worked, thanks.

I posted a question for Olivia. In the meanwhile, another question.

I am helping a friend set up a charity using her account.

When I create the button, despite choosing "Merchant ID," her email address shows up. I want to suppress it to protect her from spammers.

How to do this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@JoeH wrote:

That worked, thanks.

I posted a question for Olivia. In the meanwhile, another question.

I am helping a friend set up a charity using her account.

When I create the button, despite choosing "Merchant ID," her email address shows up. I want to suppress it to protect her from spammers.

How to do this?

I'm assuming you are referring to the email address showing up in the upper left corner of the checkout page or are you saying the email shows up in the button code?  You can customize the PayPal checkout pages in your profile settings.  Learn more about customizing the PayPal checkout pages here:
Co-branding the PayPal Checkout Pages
I hope this helps! 🙂
- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

JoeH

Frank, sorry, I'm a bit technically challenged.

I visited the link and there was a lot of information there.

Would you kindly call out the specific little bit I need? I simply want to take away her email address on the checkout page and put "Margie's donations" in its place.

Please advise?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@JoeH wrote:

Frank, sorry, I'm a bit technically challenged.

I visited the link and there was a lot of information there.

Would you kindly call out the specific little bit I need? I simply want to take away her email address on the checkout page and put "Margie's donations" in its place.

Please advise?

Sorry, I know that's a lot of info.  The simplest way to do that is to upgrade her PayPal account to a Business account.  There's no cost to upgrade and no change in fees. That will allow you to enter in "Margie's donations" as the business name. That would then replace her email on the checkout pages.  Instructions for upgrading to a business account can be found here:

Upgrade Account

You may also want to consider creating a new email address just for these fundraising efforts as the email address on her account will show up in the payment details after they donate.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Hmm, favorite super hero huh?  I'd have to go with Iron Man.  I love gadgets and tech plus I've always liked the super heroes that are normal people without any special "powers".

- Frank

Login to Me Too

tennesseegirl
New Community Member

How do I find the existing HTML codes for the paypal buttons I have on my site so  my boss can put them on his website?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi tennesseegirl,

Welcome to the chat!  Perfect timing too as we were just discussing this exact topic. 🙂  Checkout Adrian's response here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Watercooler/Community-Chat-1-18-2012-NOW-OPEN/m-p/418135/highlig...

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session! 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, January 25th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.