"Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

Temp20201215AL
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my bank account, but I keep getting this error message: "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts." I have tried all Help options and I still can't figure out what the problem is. Please help! Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

nyrangersguy2
New Community Member

I just had a similar problem, and what angers me is that it was through no fault of my own. I had my bank account linked so I could deposit money from ebay transactions, but early on, transactions were denied twice, and each time they removed my bank account. I contacted my bank, but they said there was no problem on their end. Whatever the issue, it was on paypal's end. After that, I had no problem depositing funds INTO my bank account. Last week, I had to send a refund to a customer, so I tried to transfer the funds from my account. After a few days, once again the transaction was denied and paypal removed the bank account. I called a little while ago to get it fixed, and they told me it can't be linked anymore because it was three times.

What really angers me here is that I'm not the one who removed the account on any of those occasions - paypal did.  Since paypal removed the accounts, IMO that shouldn't count against your three chances per account! I can link to another account, but what happens if this happens three times with the new account? Then what? I said this to the Customer Service Rep, but got the standard repeated response. I ended up having to pay the transaction fee to re-send the refund using my credit card (of which I'm still waiting for the customer to accept). And since I got a few refunds from ebay for overpaying for postage, I will need to link an account to get that money, unless I can just transfer it to my credit card account, which would be fine with me. Otherwise, seeing as how I'm done selling on ebay (and they don't allow paypal for sellers anymore anyway), once this is all resolved, I'm considering closing my account, just so I won't have to deal with this aggravation any more.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nyrangersguy2 

Are you in the UK at all?

Only you can withdraw funds to a bank account in the UK but to 'add' funds to your balance you need to have a direct debit mandate in place in your online banking for paypal, normally set up when you add your bank account.

If you don't have that and the bank transfer fails then the bank is auto removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

That's honestly incredibly stupid. That means I can LITERALLY never get another paypal account, if one of them goes under, or I lose all ways to sign into that account... thats it.

I hate this, and they should change it so its 3 "CURRENT" links, not 3 past links and you're done 😕

Login to Me Too

uscatholicam

I am getting this message when I try to link a new bank account that I have never ever linked before.

Login to Me Too

whoone21
New Community Member

any solution for this?

Login to Me Too

BKYNTR143
How recovery my old paypal account
Login to Me Too

BKYNTR143
How recovery my old account
Login to Me Too

christophers2
Contributor
Contributor

I also encountered the same situation. How to solve it when I can't login and delete any of my old accounts because my old account was hacked. Please help on this case and this is a picture from it:

and this is my facbook:

[removed]

[removed]

Login to Me Too

ranojitartists
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts. Please very needs help. Reply Msg
Login to Me Too

ranojitartists
Contributor
Contributor
"Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts". Please very needs help. Reply Msg
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.