error: There is a problem with your card. Please verify card details with your Bank.

pelagia7
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to add a credit card to my account that uses payflow and I get this error "There is a problem with your card. Please verify card details with your Bank." I called my bank four times and the fraud department twice, they went through every possibility and there is no error on their end.

The bank says they are approving the card. And I am able to make purchases elsewhere with the card.

And I used this exact same card before with payflow, it just stopped working for some reason and won't let me add it back to the account.

So now what can I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @pelagia7,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're unable to add the card to your PayPal account. I know how important it is to have your account running smoothly. sometimes, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity of adding a card/bank can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, you may try again at a later time after troubleshooting such as clearing cache and cookies, or try using a different browser or device. 

Please note that since you mentioned that the card is not working, it is possible that the card would have expired or there might be some issues with it. In this case, you will need to contact your financial institution/ card issue to see if there are any issues on their end and find solution for it. I appreciate your understanding.

Best Wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.