Refund has given me negative credit how do I get it resolved

Djgazh1
Contributor
Contributor
Received a refund off a seller which was higher than my balance and has now given a negative credit of £24.98 how do I get this money back
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djgazh1 

How can receiving funds give you a negative balance???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Djgazh1
Contributor
Contributor
Thats why i asked ,i had a balance owing that was less than was refunded and the amount us showing as -£24.98
Login to Me Too

Djgazh1
Contributor
Contributor
24.98 is exactly the amount that was over after my balance was deducted ,but like j said its showing as a negative not a positive and no option to withdraw it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Djgazh1,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome back to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you have a debit on your account instead of a credit. Please take a look again at the refund that you received. Is it a refund that is attached to a transaction, or is it an invoice received by the seller? If the seller was not behaving legitimately, they may have sent you an invoice rather than a refund. Refunds would come through and be associated with the original transaction, but an invoice would be separate, and when clicking to send money through that invoice, you would be sending money rather than receiving a refund. If you did send money through a fraudulent invoice, you should be able to dispute both the original Goods and Services payment and the newer fraudulent invoice payment in the Resolution Center. 

If this is not what happened, please reach out to Customer Service for further investigation. I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.