Linking my Paypal account to my Coinbase account

mforbes927
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my Coinbase account to my PayPal account. Every time I try and do this Coinbase tells me that I cannot link this account and to try and link a different PayPal account. Can anyone help me with this. Am I missing any steps in this process. I really appreciate your help and any input you may have. I have a debit card linked to my PayPal account and my Coinbase account and I have applied for PayPal's debit card as well. Also PayPal is allowing me to buy crypto on their site and Coinbase is allowing me to buy crypto on their site, I just can't seem to link the accounts. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mforbes927 

Your PayPal account is probably not verified. Link a bank account to verify your PayPal account.

Please read how crypto works with PayPal specifically, before using the feature.

You’ll find the Cryptocurrency Help section here.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Rut_Row
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my Coinbase account to my PayPal account.  I get the PayPay connect screen which says I must first link an account to my wallet.  I already have a bank and a credit card linked and both show up in the wallet.  The pop-up screen gives me the option to add an account but that doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

Shulla
Contributor
Contributor

In my Coinbase account when I try to link my PayPay account there is a popup window which asks me to add a phone number.  Nothing happens when I select the link to add a phone number.
I had thought that this was an issue with Coinbase, but the "Help" link on the popup window sends me to PayPal.  So now I am thinking it is a PayPal issue.

It is most likely an issue for both Coinbase and PayPal.  I have opened a ticket with them, and am now posting a question here.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @Shulla,

We're sorry that you're having trouble adding PayPal to your Coinbase account. Per the Coinbase Help Center it states when you add PayPal as a payment method you will be prompted to log in to PayPal. It sounds like the phone number might not be correct or might not match what is listed on Coinbase. Here's how to add or update a phone number. Also, please know that the email address and country must also match on both accounts. If you're still having trouble it might be best to contact our Customer Support to provide additional details. To contact Customer Service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Shulla
Contributor
Contributor

In the popup windows clicking on the link which says phone number, nothing happens.  If email addresses or phone numbers are incorrect or not matching I wouldn't know, because nothing happens.  If there is an error you need to tell the user about it.  Not just, do nothing.

> it might be best to contact our Customer Support to provide additional details. To contact Customer Service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options

Wasn't able to figure out how to do that, which is why I am here.   But I guess I need to go back and try and figure that out.

Login to Me Too

Dellan
New Community Member

So im trying to link my account to withdrawl money from coinbase. But when i try to add a new payment method, i got 3 selection to choose. Paypal, euro bank account or credit/debit card. So i wanna choose paypal and when i press on ot nothing happens, i’ve watched alot of youtube videos how to link and those people getting directed to paypal to login. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Login to Me Too

aw411
Contributor
Contributor

I try to link paypal to coinbase, but it says this paypal account cannot be linked to coinbase, no logs or explanations, someone please email me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

koemilio
Contributor
Contributor

hello i'm having a problem where when i try to connect my paypal account to my coinbase one i always get the same error...
that the account legal names between the two profiles don't match even though they're both verified and identical on the accounts i try to link.
for obvious reasons i don't want to upload any screens so if a mod sees it, i would appreciate some help on it via chat.

thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.