Is there an updated list of online bank accounts I can ACTUALLY link to my PayPal account?

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor

I had Simple linked, which changed to BBVA then PNC, at which point I cancelled. Then I linked Chime, which no longer is supported apparently as PayPal likens it to a prepaid card. I saw another post saying they don't accept Bank of America anymore either - only a savings account. Is there an updated list of bank accounts PayPal actually will allow you to link? I have managed my business with PayPal since 2011 and it's become increasingly more and more limiting as time passes. Unless I have a bank account, the most I am allowed to immediately have available within any given months is a measly $300. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now. I haven't had a single return or claim in years, I ship quickly, I am a good, responsible, loyal and profitable business owner and PayPal user. But I detest banks. I want as "hands free" and simple of a bank as I can possibly have to just link to my PayPal so I can actually get by. Does anyone have a list or any recent personal experiences?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thehauntedhived 

Unfortunately not, but if you click on your wallet >  click on link a bank > you will see a whole list of acceptable banks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your input, however, unfortunately it is not that simple. Not all of those banks actually are accepted/compatible. It allows you to select Chime, Bank of America, etc, however when you go to actually link it, it states there's an error, to try again later, then when you call and spend an hour waiting to speak to someone they tell you checking accounts with those banks are no longer compatible. So basically it's just a stab in the dark as to whether or not your bank account is going to be compatible, and the only way to find out is to create the bank account then try linking it. What an absolute disservice from PayPal. If in the US, do you have any you can personally recommend from current experience?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thehauntedhived 

Sorry not in the U.S.

In my country there are 4 main banks and all of them you can add and confirm.

Best wait for other U.S users to give further advice on the banks that they find acceptable.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rök
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue... opened numerous accounts trying to be blessed by that 'shot in the dark'... Now I look like an idiot. What happened that banks won't recognize PayPal... I've been 'away' for the last 3 years but my money sat in the account just fine for that whole time.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Rök 

Thank you for posting your first question in the PayPal help Community and welcome!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to link your bank account to your PayPal account. There are some banks that are compatible with PayPal system which includes most online or prepaid bank accounts. I recommend referring this help center article for the possible reasons and solutions to link your bank account : Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Rök
Contributor
Contributor
I actually figured it out.... I just had the process backwards. Little reverse psychology went a long way. Thank you for the heads up.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Rök 

You're always welcome! I am happy to know your issue was resolved. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor

You do realize this was my post, and not Rok's, right? He was just replying to my question. I find it pretty off putting that, as a moderator, you didn't even bother replying to my OP at all, yet had a whole side conversation within my OP with someone else. 

Login to Me Too

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly! This is precisely what has happened to me as well.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.