I can't send using Paypal Balance but I don't have limitations in my notification

newUser-50
Contributor
Contributor

I have enough amount on my Paypal Balance and it is set as the Preferred payment method but when I try to send money, it keeps prompting me to link a card (which I already also have linked). So I link a card and after it says I linked the card successfully but when I go back, the whole cycle repeats.

For some reason Paypal doesn't really link my already linked card and it doesn't prompt me to use my Paypal Balance even though it is preferred.

Paypal Customer support has not replied in days.

This is extremely frustrating.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

newUser-50
Contributor
Contributor
I figured it out. Paypal for some reason doesn't allow sending its balance when paying for Goods and Services (at least not in the Philippines). My first bank card was not being accepted by paypal anymore even though it is still linked. Adding it when paying doesn't show any error but just returns you to add again. Very bad design from Paypal. You should at least show a message. Using my other card worked. TLDR: use cards to pay for goods and services not paypal balance. If your card don't work, go use another one.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

newUser-50
Contributor
Contributor
I linked a new card from a different bank and it is confirmed but I still cannot use my paypal balance to pay for something
Login to Me Too
Solved

newUser-50
Contributor
Contributor
I figured it out. Paypal for some reason doesn't allow sending its balance when paying for Goods and Services (at least not in the Philippines). My first bank card was not being accepted by paypal anymore even though it is still linked. Adding it when paying doesn't show any error but just returns you to add again. Very bad design from Paypal. You should at least show a message. Using my other card worked. TLDR: use cards to pay for goods and services not paypal balance. If your card don't work, go use another one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.