How do I add my suffix "III" to my last name?

jimhermida
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I need to correct my name. For some reason it's still showing up the same. I need to have the suffix “III” next to my last name. I submitted my ID but it's not updating to the correct one. This is most likely the reason why I'm unable to successfully re-connect the pre-approved payment plan, Gcash (G-Xchange, INC).

My Gcash and PayPal were connected and I could transfer money just fine until one day when I tried cashing in my Gcash account, it asked to re-link my PayPal and so I did but it says my name doesn't match. My name in Gcash is correct. I reached out to their support and was told that my name needs to be updated here in PayPal. It needs my suffix to be added.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jimhermida 

Normally you can only change a name for legal reasons OR a 2 character typo, yours may be outside that criteria but if you have done as per link then contact customer services?

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account--faq926?ap...

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

komie__1
New Community Member

Hello, I can't link my paypal to my gcash wallet due to first and last name issues. Can someone help me with this? Agents doesn't reply to my concerns. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @komie__1

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues transferring funds from your PayPal account to your GCash wallet. If you need to make a minor correction to your name on PayPal, you can do so with the instructions listed here: How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

Otherwise, I would recommend reaching our to both PayPal Support and GCash Support to make sure your name reflects properly. 

I hope those links provide the proper assistance!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.