default setting problem

gorend
Contributor
Contributor

Dear folks,

Paypal takes money from my paypal credit account for payments again and again without asking. The default setting is my bank account. What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

Gorend

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi gorend, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If the transaction is eligible for PayPal Credit, this will be the defaulted option on the checkout page. You will have the option to change the funding source to your bank account, prior to completing the checkout. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

gorend
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

ist there no option to verify that Paypal ONLY takes money from my bank account?
I find it annoying to read the checkout page every time.

Thank you!

- Gorend

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi, 

Yes, you can choose the bank account as your default payment method. This will be chosen if the transaction is not eligible to be paid through PayPal Credit. If it is eligible for PayPal Credit, this will be the default payment method, and you will need to change the funding option to your bank account at the checkout page. For information on how to change the payment method, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-payment-method-during-checkout-faq999

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

gorend
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Siobhan,

thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately, the URL you gave me does not work.

- gorend

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.